Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

Idk about two ILBs, I think Josh Bynes is the next Dannell Ellerbe.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I've been thinking of what the Ravens will do early in the draft. I've come to the conclusion that they should IMO trade back into the early second. Then they should trade up with their original pick in the second round to get a guy who might drop for certain reasons.

Now, the ideal situation with this would be to get Deandre Hopkins with the first pick and then later in the second trade up to get Elam. Hopkins I think will fall because of his 4.57 40 at the combine. Btw he ran around 4.5 or a little lower at his pro day. Thing is speed is not nearly all of his game. I agree with you guys that he is a stud, but he will fall a little because of Justin Hunter rising ahead if him.

Then with our original second round pick we should trade up some to get 1 of 2 fallers. The ideal one would be Matt Elam. I think he will fall because of size concerns and him constantly launching his body in tackles which may lead to a lot of penalties in Goodell's powder puff league. The other guy that slides who we could trade up 4 is Minter. He will slide along with the rest of the ILBs because of devaluing of the position, being short, and some believing he was a product of a talented defense.

So for my ideal draft...
    Round 2: Hopkins, WR, via trading back.
    Round 2: Elam, S, via trading up.
    Round 3: Kiko Alonso, ILB
    Round 4: Chris Faulk, LT, via trade up.
    Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, (comp pick)
    Round 5: Montori Hughes, NT, comp pick
    Round 6: Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB
    Round 6: A Big Athletic Cornerback, comp pick
    Round 7: Interior Lineman.

Some picks that Ravens were not used due to being used in trades.

I am assuming here that the Ravens sign Mckinnie, James Harrison, Dan Connor, and Chris Chester.
    I think this is a really good mock, would probably put a late rd QB in the 6th and 7th rd. Maybe another late round nickel type LB.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Idk about two ILBs, I think Josh Bynes is the next Dannell Ellerbe.
    And Nigel Carr

Blog Entries

And Nigel Carr
    Hey you never know man, nobody thought Ellerbe would have been as good as he's become. The Ravens just have a knack for scouting these guys and turning them into really good players.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hey you never know man, nobody thought Ellerbe would have been as good as he's become. The Ravens just have a knack for scouting these guys and turning them into really good players.
    :word from what I've seen of Nigel Carr he looks (literally) and plays pretty similar to Ellerbe.

I love Carr's size (6'2, 247) and he has pretty good speed for a bigger linebacker (ran a 4.62). I wouldn't cancel him out, however I don't feel comfortable without a seasoned vet on this team. I also don't want to take Te'o, Minter or Ogletree unless one falls to the 2nd
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Yeah the best way I see it is Ozzie chooses his favorite veteran plug in at linebacker, then grabs an athletic guy in the middle rounds to compete with Bynes and Carr in camp. There will be some good competition for some positions on defense this year that will be fun.

Blog Entries

Yeah the best way I see it is Ozzie chooses his favorite veteran plug in at linebacker, then grabs an athletic guy in the middle rounds to compete with Bynes and Carr in camp. There will be some good competition for some positions on defense this year that will be fun.
    Should be good, but I would easily say that safety is a bigger need than ILB at this point.

As ray says, get a vet ILB like a DJ Williams, and draft a middle round prospect at ILB, and use a high round pick on Elam or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    In terms of ILB, I want Kevin Reddick really bad
    Indeed. Give me Reddick and Phillip Steward out of UHouston.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

So for my ideal draft...
    Round 2: Hopkins, WR, via trading back.
    Round 2: Elam, S, via trading up.
    Round 3: Kiko Alonso, ILB
    Round 4: Chris Faulk, LT, via trade up.
    Round 4: Dion Sims, TE, (comp pick)
    Round 5: Montori Hughes, NT, comp pick
    Round 6: Quanterus Smith, DE/OLB
    Round 6: A Big Athletic Cornerback, comp pick
    Round 7: Interior Lineman.
    I think that we are going to be a half round late on your 1st three picks.
    Your two 4ths look on point, I'd say.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

I've been on the Reddick train since the beginning of last season, he had a really great 2011 season, but then kind of under performed last year, maybe due to the loss of Zach Brown. I'm still firmly on his bandwagon though, very athletic, very good in the run game, and looked decent in coverage.

Blog Entries

Another prospect at ILB to watch out for is AJ Klein. Watched some tape, and while he does lack ideal athletic ability, he has a motor, and seems to be a very good leader. Could be a solid 4th round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Indeed. Give me Reddick and Phillip Steward out of UHouston.
    I dont know why, but Reddick is just a player where I cannot locate his projected rounds. I've seen him in the 4th and in the 2nd. Why is there so much range? He reminds me of a Bobby Wagner type player
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB