Blog Entries

Draft Wishlist for our need positions

The debate goes on and on over this guy vs that one.

Something I asked a blogger on twitter was, excluding guys the Ravens have no shot at...what is your ideal player for the Ravens at each need spot

WR
    OT
    ILB
    S
    NT?

For me...

WR:

Hopkins
    Allen
    Hunter
    Patton
    Bailey/Rodgers

OT:

Armstead
    Watson
    Faulk
    Quessenberry
    Long

ILB:

Ogletree (seen him going lower and lower in mocks)
    Brown
    Teo
    Alonso
    Klein

S:

Elam
    Cyprien
    Reid
    Swearinger
    Shmarko Thomas
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Draft Wishlist for our need positions

Looks about right to me. I'd probably add Minter as a third round guy at MLB.

Forgive me Scally, I used your template since I'm at work for a quick post. I switched a couple players. I agreed with most of your list, but added a couple players as well.

WR:

Hopkins
    Allen
    Hunter
    Woods
    Patton
    Dobson

OT:

Armstead
    Watson
    Faulk
    Quessenberry
    Long

ILB:

Brown
    Teo
    Ogletree (I don't really like this player for some reason)
    Alonso
    Reddick

S:

Elam
    Cyprien
    Reid
    Swearinger
    Phillip Thomas -Fresno St (Got a feeling he could become something special and had 8 picks in 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Brien Jackson View Post
    Looks about right to me. I'd probably add Minter as a third round guy at MLB.
    I'm not that high on Minter either. I'm in no way a professional, but the only ILB I like in the 1st rd is Arthur Brown and maybe Olgetree at the very end. Not a big Ogletree fan on just a feeling and not so much his tape. I heard an interview with him and while he isn't rah rah which I don't care about, he just had an undertone I didn't like.

I think that most of the players they listed as 1st rd ILBs have their exact clone in later rds with the exception of the two players I listed as 1st rounders. Just my opinion.

Blog Entries

I specifically left Minter off...he was actually the reason I started this. So many mocks have us going Minter, but the word on him is best against the run, no real cover skills, and mainly, doesn't do anything great.

If we need an ILB, I think we either need a good coverage LB, or someone who is VERY good in one area at least. To me, Ogletree is the best all around ILB, Teo is the best coverage LB, and Arthur Brown isn't the typical ILB, but is the best LB prospect that can play ILB. I just don't really want Minter unless he's coming as a serious steal.

Similarly, I like Armstead and Watson, but if we can't get either, I'd really want us to target Faulk. I think Faulk, without his injury, would've been right in the mix between the big 3 and Armstead/Watson.

The blogger I was tweeting to said his top OT for the Ravens was Justin Pugh. I need someone to sell me on him, because right now, all I see is Adam Terry v2.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    WR:

Hopkins
    Allen
    Hunter
    Woods
    Patton
    Dobson
    There are actually a couple of WRs who I think could be sitting there in the middle of the third round who I like as much if not better than any of the names on that list. My hope is that the Ravens use their first two picks on an offensive and defensive lineman and then grab either Markus Wheaton or Da'Rick Rogers with their third selection.

WR Hopkins or Woods
    OT- Faulk or BrennanWilliams AND Luke Marquadt(late)
    ILB- Arthur Brown, Sio Moore or Kiko Alonso
    S- Elam, Reid,Shamarko Thomas or Bacarri Rambo
    NT? Jesse Williams or Bandon Williams
    TE- Eiffert, Esobar or Michael Williams(late)
    cb- Mathieu

Blog Entries

Brennan Williams, he's only going to be able to play RT, correct?

I know at one time, he seemed like a great pickup, but I really want to look mostly at guys who have the ability to play on the left side eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Brennan Williams, he's only going to be able to play RT, correct?

I know at one time, he seemed like a great pickup, but I really want to look mostly at guys who have the ability to play on the left side eventually.
    Thats not the impression I get with him. He seems to have LT potential from what I can tell.