Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Seriously doubt that Effert will drop to us. Ertz will be there in round 1, but he's not a value pick there, not even close; he'll also be gone in round 2 by the time we pick. Same with Escobar. So...a developmental TE is a more likely possibility. Kasa on day 3, say round 4 or 5? Sounds plausible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFaoifPV4A

Guys check out this LB from Portland St., his name is Ian Sluss, this guy is a stud! undersized at 5'11'' 235 but i think he'd be a very good late round guy to play ST, maybe some nickel and see if you can develop him into more.

Pro day numbers-4.60 forty 35 1/2 vert 4.39 short shuttle
    Last edited by Carey; 03-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordravens View Post
    Matt Zenitz: Harbaugh said "there's a good chance" the #Ravens draft a TE. Emphasized that a team can never have enough quality TEs
    I agree they could take a TE, but I doubt its in the first 2 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Seriously doubt that Effert will drop to us. Ertz will be there in round 1, but he's not a value pick there, not even close; he'll also be gone in round 2 by the time we pick. Same with Escobar. So...a developmental TE is a more likely possibility. Kasa on day 3, say round 4 or 5? Sounds plausible.
    Take a look at Luke Wilson, TE, Rice...could be a late round sleeper.

Totally on the Shamarko Thomas Bandwagon!

He reminds me so much of Bob Sanders...it's scary.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

In todays NFL you need better cover safeties, I like Thomas but not before round 4 for me

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Totally on the Shamarko Thomas Bandwagon!

He reminds me so much of Bob Sanders...it's scary.

Ozzie has certainly lived up to his claim of strengthening the middle of the defense by signing dumervil, canty and spears. That is a great start to this offseason after losing a lot of last years starters. However, this is the year that we need to replenish the defense, I would still like to see a DE taken early to learn, mostly because we will need to replace suggs and it dumervil at some point. You can never have enough depth. There are 2 things certain about this draft, a safety and a linebacker will be taken at some point.

In the first I want best player available plain and simple. I am a strong believer that first round picks should have the potential to make an immediate impact . Will there be anyone who fits this at 32? Probably not, so trade back if need be. There will not be any linebacker worth taking with the first with all of the talent at receiver and DT,DE,S.

If we do happen to trade back, I want the best linebacker available, then best safety with our natural 2nd. This could be minter teo Elam Swearinger cyprien

3rd. Trade up or stay put to grab best receiver or TE.

4th. DT or another linebacker.

5th-7th I want players with speed that can create mismatches on other side of the ball. Rush linebackers, slot recievers etc. last year we were slow on defense and losin 5 starters on defense doesn't help. But speed and mask a lot of these deficiencies.

We are going to have to replace suggs, dumervil, and ngata in the next four years. We need to be prepared for their departure whether its cap casualty or injury etc. we are going to have a lot of young players play very important roles this season. I want them to be solid guys with good potential and solid production. I would like Ozzie to move all over the board and pick up 5-6 guys he feels can contribute right away because they will have to on defense

Blog Entries

Speaking of TEs I always like Stoneburner out of Ohio State, always looked like a good receiving option in their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Speaking of TEs I always like Stoneburner out of Ohio State, always looked like a good receiving option in their offense.
    Yeah he had a pretty productive career at OSU. From the games that I watches he always seemed like a really good end-zone threat.

Quote Originally Posted by @nfldraftinsider
    @NFLDraftInsider: I am told Cincinnati TE Travis Kelce had a great visit with the #Ravens the past couple days & they expressed a very high interest in him.
    Interesting
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Interesting

Encouraging. I like other TE's values better but no denying his high performance value
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Anyone else see Elam as a lock to be a Raven now?