Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Also heard Justin Pugh met with the Ravens 1 on 1, i wish everyday his arms were longer! lol I think he could be a very good LT

Good pro day for Barkley. I only give a rats in that it could mean that 1.) someone north of #32 will take him, therefore allowing someone of much greater value to fall to us, or 2.) someone south of #32 will be willing to move up [into our spot perhaps] to take him.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Good pro day for Barkley. I only give a rats in that it could mean that 1.) someone north of #32 will take him, therefore allowing someone of much greater value to fall to us, or 2.) someone south of #32 will be willing to move up [into our spot perhaps] to take him.
    This is my favorite option. Could see the Cards, Jets, Bills moving up to get in front of a team like the Jags who may be interested or the Browns
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

On the TE front, I'm a fan of Levine Toilolo. Seems undervalued on most draft boards.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

IMO his pro day was horrible...3rd round talent that will be over drafted like all USC QB's

I just saw that Minter ran considerably faster in his 40. One source had 4.63 and one had him at 4.67. That could push his stock into the 1st round. I don't see a guy that fast on tape, but he's not slow with pads either and definitely faster than Te'o on tape. One thing he also showed at the pro day is an explosive lower body(which Te'o doesn't have) with a 34.5 vertical combined with an impressive broad jump at the combine.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have had Alec Ogletree and Kevin Minter in for private work outs. Honestly, I'd much rather get Ogletree, who IMO may be worth the pick at 32, he has by far the most upside out of all the LBs in this class IMO, apart from maybe Arthur Brown.

Its either Arthur Brown, or Ogletree for me.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens have had Alec Ogletree and Kevin Minter in for private work outs. Honestly, I'd much rather get Ogletree, who IMO may be worth the pick at 32, he has by far the most upside out of all the LBs in this class IMO, apart from maybe Arthur Brown.

I remember last year PFT had a list of player who had private workouts/ visits with players...do you know of another site that does that this year Leach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I remember last year PFT had a list of player who had private workouts/ visits with players...do you know of another site that does that this year Leach?

walter football is very good for that

Thanks!

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

I agree with you about Ogletree having the highest upside, but the issue with him is he looks to much like a safety playing ILB for my liking. He is not skilled at taking on blocks because he just isn't physical enough. He lets lineman take him out of the whole way too easily. Brown is similar but seems to be more adept at going around blocks than Ogletree.

However, I still wouldn't mind taking him at 32 because of his pass defense. After watching tape, to me it seems obvious that Ogletree is by far the best pass defending ILB in the draft. So with that and our revamped D-Line I guess I wouldn't mind taking him despite his weakness against the run.