Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

Greg Cosell agreeing with the Excellector about Kevin Minter? I'm not surprised. Great minds think alike.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In my simple mind, without any trades :
    (1) Eric Reid [Safety]
    (2) Terron Armstead [OT]
    (3) Kevin Reddick [ILB]
    (4) Da'Rick Rogers [WR]
    Is this possible where we pick? And if so, would you be satisfied with these choices? ... Bc
    I would be happy with this. Armstead will most likely be a high-mid 2nd rounder so it is doubtful that he'll last to us. Reddick I'll bet we can get in round 4. Rogers might go in round 2, definitely in round 3. He wont last till the 4th. People are all over the map about Reid.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In my simple mind, without any trades :
    (1) Eric Reid [Safety]
    (2) Terron Armstead [OT]
    (3) Kevin Reddick [ILB]
    (4) Da'Rick Rogers [WR]
    Is this possible where we pick? And if so, would you be satisfied with these choices? ... Bc
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    I would be happy with this. Armstead will most likely be a high-mid 2nd rounder so it is doubtful that he'll last to us. Reddick I'll bet we can get in round 4. Rogers might go in round 2, definitely in round 3. He wont last till the 4th. People are all over the map about Reid.
    I agree with ursula that flipping Rogers and Reddick is probably a more realistic scenario. if Armstead falls to around the 20th pick or so in the 2nd I'd strongly consider making a move up for him. He has all the tools to succeed at LT, although probably not in year 1, and that's worth shipping a 4th and 5th or so to move up 10 spots.

Eric Reid IMO is not a 1st rounder, and I would not take him before Matt Elam, Jon Cyprien, or Phillip Thomas, all of whom should be available to the Ravens in the 1st and possibly 2nd. I WOULD take Reid over Swearinger though because Reid has a much higher upside and much better scheme versatility. Swearinger is a guy I've soured on a bit as I've watched more tape--he is only a box safety at the NFL level with his lack of speed and range. I think the Ravens are going to look for more versatility than he can offer.

Reddick is another prospect I'm not really high on. There are many ILB prospects I would prefer over him--Jon Bostic, Kiko Alonso, Jelani Jenkins, Keith Pough, AJ Klein... all of them are 3rd-5th round type guys.

Blog Entries

I'd be pretty unhappy with the thought of Eric Reid as a first round pick, for starters, he's a free safety and would be exposed in the run game playing in the box at strong safety. We have a need at strong safety now that Huff was signed (and even that is debatable with Ihedigbo and Thompson on the roster). With that said, if the Ravens do end up picking Reid at 32, you wont hear me complaining, because they have the best scouting department in the NFL and know a ton more about these guys than any of us on this board know.

In the end, I think the Ravens will almost surely come out of this draft with at least one safety, and more than likely going to be in the top 4 rounds, but I'm not sure if Eric Reid is the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Oh and shout to BPR for teaching me how to study WR's, been looking at WR' non stop for 2 weeks now lol
    Thanks Carey
    Glad to help! And it is a bit addicting, I agree!
    Fun as hell too. I'm going to start putting together WR, OL and ILB profiles on 2014 guys starting May 1st.
    Shooting to have the SEC done first.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Kiper is calling Cyprin in round 1 and Armstead in round 2. The thought of this excites me. Don't see Armstead falling that far, but would be great. Round 3 I'd say Rodgers, Round 4 I say Reddick and round 4 (comp) I'd be looking at OL depth or NT
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

"The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Sun via Roto: Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore has already completed an in-house visit with the Ravens.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Kiper is calling Cyprin in round 1 and Armstead in round 2. The thought of this excites me. Don't see Armstead falling that far, but would be great. Round 3 I'd say Rodgers, Round 4 I say Reddick and round 4 (comp) I'd be looking at OL depth or NT

That would be a great draft if all that pans out. Sweet!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Practice squad/long-term development player. Fine with me.

Blog Entries

The Ravens had Baccari Rambo in for a private work out per Walter football. Could be a great value pick in the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Sun via Roto: Texas A&M pass rusher Damontre Moore has already completed an in-house visit with the Ravens.
    I want no part of Moore

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.