Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That's the thing about picking 32...I'd LOVE to be picking there every year, but every pick of ours might as well be one of the first picks in the following round.
    Yep. When someone says that a guy is a "3rd rounder", that essentially means the Ravens would have to use their 2nd round pick, or trade around to get the guy. It's a good thing that Ozzie has 12 picks to use for movement, because he's going to need them.

Kevin Reddick has really grown more and more on me the more I watch him.

He is basically a poor mans Donte Hightower...they used him everywhere and he made plays everywhere.

I don't think he lasts until our final pick in the 3rd round though. That's the thing about picking 32...I'd LOVE to be picking there every year, but every pick of ours might as well be one of the first picks in the following round.
    Walterfootball says scouts have Reddick as a late round pick. It's on the prospect rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Walterfootball says scouts have Reddick as a late round pick. It's on the prospect rankings.
    Ok
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Another mid/late guy I like that really came on during his senior year and especially during the post season all star games is Vince Williams out of FSU.

I think he is a real sleeper.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Another mid/late guy I like that really came on during his senior year and especially during the post season all star games is Vince Williams out of FSU.

I think he is a real sleeper.
    Yeah he's a potential starting ILB tha could probably had in the 5th or 6th, real thumper. Watched Reddick after you mentioned him, the interesting thing about him is they ran a base 4-2-5 D so he often had a bit more responsibility then the average ILB. I like his build, i like ILB's with thick lower bodies. He plays the run well, can slip blocks and work thru trash. As a blitzer i like him as a a-gap guy, he was underwhelming to me blitzing from other areas. In coverage his feet still looked heavy to me, im anxious as to how he'd look inside in a 3-4 as far as coverage responsibilities. I like Brown, Alonso, Sio Moore and Alec Ogletree better. I wouldnt be upset with Reddick in the 4th but i think we would be better served with the guys i listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Yeah he's a potential starting ILB tha could probably had in the 5th or 6th, real thumper. Watched Reddick after you mentioned him, the interesting thing about him is they ran a base 4-2-5 D so he often had a bit more responsibility then the average ILB. I like his build, i like ILB's with thick lower bodies. He plays the run well, can slip blocks and work thru trash. As a blitzer i like him as a a-gap guy, he was underwhelming to me blitzing from other areas. In coverage his feet still looked heavy to me, im anxious as to how he'd look inside in a 3-4 as far as coverage responsibilities. I like Brown, Alonso, Sio Moore and Alec Ogletree better. I wouldnt be upset with Reddick in the 4th but i think we would be better served with the guys i listed above.
    I expect a double dip at ILB in the draft
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, other than Alonso, I like all those other guys more too...I just think they will all be gone by the middle of the 3rd. I also like Greene and Bostic more as well, but again, i don't know if any of those guys will be there either.

Bostic is another guy to look out for.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I expect a double dip at ILB in the draft
    I think that's a strong possibility as well.

Oh, don't get me wrong, other than Alonso, I like all those other guys more too...I just think they will all be gone by the middle of the 3rd. I also like Greene and Bostic more as well, but again, i don't know if any of those guys will be there either.

Bostic is another guy to look out for.
    Yeah thats true, Bostic is a lot like Minter.I still need to watch him in space but he attacks the line of scrimmage hard!

Blog Entries

If Reddick is a late round pick, it is, because there are no first round ILBs to be had. That would push him down.

We'd also have to sift through the guys with the character concerns. Bostic is one guy, if I am not mistaken. Ogletree, obviously, is another.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It's a good thing that the team has some thumpers, because most of the ILB prospects are better suite for Ray's spot.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

If we could address LT and SS in rounds 1 and 2 and then use 3 and one of the 4ths for inside linebacker we could potentially come out of the draft with Alonso and Reddick. Both play different roles and compliment eachother. I have seen a limited amount of Reddicks tape but from what I've seen he actually looks good dropping back
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Here is something to think about. We may feel that Kevin Reddick is a good fit for Ellerbe's spot. However, let's not forget that Ellerbe, McClain AND Bynes were all Undrafted Free Agents. It's possible that the Ravens do not value the thumper position enough to use a mid-high pick on the spot.

Now, that could have been, because Ray was playing the other spot. If that was the case, the philosophy is probably going to change.

Then again, it might be that unless there's a banger in this draft whose game is like Bart Scott and Dannell Ellerbe rolled into one, they aren't wasting a pick on him.