Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Greg Cosell said that he doesn't see much difference between Jesse Williams and Star Loutelei.
    Well, I would like an effective back-up at NT for Ngata in our rotation. Better for our would-be ILBs and Ngata's longevity.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Would be happy with Jesse Williams.

Cosell also says Nassib is the best QB; an opinion shared by Russ Lande as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Living in Oregon and being also an Oregon fan, my friends and I would always note when Alonzo was doing a "part Burfict". Alonzo can get borderline out of control-not quite into where Burfict regularly goes though, hence the part Burfict. lol.

But yeah, Kiko is a very good ILB. If we don't get Brown, I hope we skip over ILB until round 3 and hopefully Kiko would be there.
    Lol, yea i noticed that as well, he def tried some tackles that would 1. be missed in the NFL and 2. get him benched lol

According to AW tweets we've had Fluker and Sio Moore in for visits... I assume today.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Trading back and nabbing Arthur Brown would be an ideal scenario IMO.
    I agree. Trading back to early 2nd round to grab him would be great. IMO hes better than Te'o, Minter and Ogletree.

Robert Woods/WR/USC: Woods struggled with an ankle issue all last season and lost out to super sophomore Marquis Lee. Back in August, Woods was ranked as a first rounder on this site but I foolishly came off that opinion. Teams have said the Woods they saw at the combine and pro-day is reminiscent of the dominant receiver from the 2011 film.
    The 2011 version of Woods is my favorite receiver in the draft. I hope the Ravens grab him and get that version. He looks like a plug & play WR to me.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The 2011 version of Woods is my favorite receiver in the draft. I hope the Ravens grab him and get that version. He looks like a plug & play WR to me.
    I went back and watched 2011 Woods myself after reading this article.
    Looks a half-step quicker. Could be good value for someone.

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    According to AW tweets we've had Fluker and Sio Moore in for visits... I assume today.
    Fluker is a bit of a mixed bag as a prospect, but I am a BIG fan of Sio Moore. Good athlete, technically proficient, good sideline-to-sideline speed... he also has some pretty impressive speed/first step potential as a blitzer off the edge and up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I went back and watched 2011 Woods myself after reading this article.
    Looks a half-step quicker. Could be good value for someone.
    Watching Game Changers on NFLN with Woods, I really liked the way he answered questions and talked about trying to perfect his route running. He seems like the kind of guy who will really maximize his abilities at the next level. Would love to have him in purple. Either at the 2nd pick or the 3rd...not that I think he'll last that long.

I wasn't that impressed with Da'rick Rogers and Cordarrelle Patterson. They seemed like the kind of guys who will half ass it Monday through Saturday.

Stills came off as a max effort guy, a guy who's gonna give everything at all times. Really liked that. Looks like he really knows how to control and use his aggression too. Looks very determined. If not Woods, he'd be the next guy I want...like in the 4th. Just because I think he has the desire to maximize his abilities too.

Hard to make a call on Keenan Allen from that show. But he does seem like a faster Anquan. Seems like he's gonna go in the 1st though and outside of Austin, I don't see Oz making a WR at #32.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Watching Game Changers on NFLN with Woods, I really liked the way he answered questions and talked about trying to perfect his route running. He seems like the kind of guy who will really maximize his abilities at the next level. Would love to have him in purple. Either at the 2nd pick or the 3rd...not that I think he'll last that long.
    I saw a long segment over the summer featuring both Woods and Lee. I recall Herbstreit being the "host", but I'm not sure. I did notice how much of a technician Woods is though. He understands the position and its intricacies pretty well, and did indeed give the impression that he will always work to get better.

@BigPlayReceiver

Yeah my first thought of Rogers was , o boy he is going to be a diva, lol. Did you see the huge rocks in his ear. And he stated he will be fresh and clean at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What I'm hoping for in the first three rounds atm....

Not taking potential trades into account...

32. Alec Ogletree

62. DeAndre Hopkins

94. DJ Swearinger

That's pretty much every need addressed. Hopkins will provide legit competition for Doss, and Jones. Swearinger will compete with Ihedigbo, and Thompson, and Ogletree will compete for a starting job with McClain, McClellan and Bynes. I expect us to re-sign McKinnie, if not, we'll likely have to draft a guard. Every other position on the roster is pretty much sorted.
    Don't think you'd want Hopkins and Swearinger on the same team. Some bad blood between those two