Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

Walter football has us taking Damontre Moore at 32 now. That would be some pick. Before the combine, you'd see him going in the top 5 in almost every mock draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Walter football has us taking Damontre Moore at 32 now. That would be some pick. Before the combine, you'd see him going in the top 5 in almost every mock draft.
    There is no way in hell 31 other GM's discount multiple successful years of him being a pass rusher (in a 4-3 and a 3-4) because of a poor combine outing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

I agree with both. I wasn't disparaging Hopkins, btw. That's just who he reminds me of with the eyeball test.
    I didnt think you were.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is no way in hell 31 other GM's discount multiple successful years of him being a pass rusher (in a 4-3 and a 3-4) because of a poor combine outing.

It was his interviews man. Sources say he was terrible in them. I agree, I doubt he'll be there, but at least we have a realistic shot at getting a top 5 pure talent, could be a Terrell Suggs type pick.

Blog Entries

I think Jarvis Jones has a better shot at a free fall, teams have actually said they took him completely off the draft board. Problem is, the two other smart and savvy teams (Giants, and Steelers) are both picking in front of us, I can see Steelers taking Jones, he's a great fit for that defense, and the Giants would take Moore, who is also a fantastic fit for the Giants defense.

I think Jarvis Jones has a better shot at a free fall, teams have actually said they took him completely off the draft board. Problem is, the two other smart and savvy teams (Giants, and Steelers) are both picking in front of us, I can see Steelers taking Jones, he's a great fit for that defense, and the Giants would take Moore, who is also a fantastic fit for the Giants defense.
    Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore would both be insane picks. I would DIE if either of them were available at 32 especially Jones. There's always the possibility that the Ravens are one of the teams that ruled him out because of the medical, though. I seem to get the sense that the Ravens will take risks in the draft but not with injury prone or questionable medical history guys.

When you think of the guys that Ozzie has "taken chances" on that fell in the draft, none of them had medical or injury issues. Upshaw, Jimmy Smith, Kindle (at the time of course, who could have guessed he'd fall down a flight of stairs), Oher, Ray Rice, Ngata, Suggs, Reed... NONE of them missed a lot of games in college.

Couple that with the guys we know Ozzie has removed from his board because of medical like Rob Gronkowski, and I kinda get the sense that they're conservative when it comes to those issues.

Blog Entries

It was his interviews man. Sources say he was terrible in them. I agree, I doubt he'll be there, but at least we have a realistic shot at getting a top 5 pure talent, could be a Terrell Suggs type pick.
    Maybe. Man, to drop fro. A top 5 pick to 32? That would have to be an epic failure in interviews.

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell
    From what I've studied so far this QB class has concerns. Does not mean no one will develop into quality starter but serious questions.

I agree. Teams are going to severely reach for a QB this year, even more so than 2011 IMO.

Blog Entries

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Expectation is Ravens will make linebacker Dannell Ellerbe a respectable offer prior to free agency. Will he take it? We'll see.

I think they'll offer him 5/30 or 4/25, if he refuses that, I don't expect him to be back. Ozzie will not overpay for Ellerbe.

Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell
    From what I've studied so far this QB class has concerns. Does not mean no one will develop into quality starter but serious questions.

I agree. Teams are going to severely reach for a QB this year, even more so than 2011 IMO.
    I hope so!
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Expectation is Ravens will make linebacker Dannell Ellerbe a respectable offer prior to free agency. Will he take it? We'll see.

I think they'll offer him 5/30 or 4/25, if he refuses that, I don't expect him to be back. Ozzie will not overpay for Ellerbe.
    Be nice if they could lock him up prior to free agency. The more teams he visits the higher the price tag likely goes. I also agree with you, Oz wont overpay, if the demands get out of hand i think he moves on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Be nice if they could lock him [Ellerbe] up prior to free agency. The more teams he visits the higher the price tag likely goes. I also agree with you, Oz wont overpay, if the demands get out of hand i think he moves on.
    I hope they can (resign Ellerbe) because it would take the urgency out of drafting a ILB early. With only McClain (coming back from season-ending injury), BA (37 in September), and youngsters Carr/McClellan/Bynes, the cupboard is nearly bare... Bc