Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast

Re: All Things Draft:

Okay prepare for serious hype: Is Arthur Brown the next Ray Lewis?

The draft can't come too soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    Okay prepare for serious hype: Is Arthur Brown the next Ray Lewis?

The draft can't come too soon.
    I saw that too.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I saw that too.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Didnt know your writing now, saw your piece on Nuk and didnt read the bio until i saw the Marquadt one lol, welcome to the team #RSR

Took my shot at a mock, tell me what you think

I think the Ravens become a trade down partner for a team trying to secure a QB. In this mock i'll trade down to the early 2nd and use that ammo later to trade up in the 3rd round as well as from the 4th round into the mid 3rd round. The extra picks we have should take care of it but if not we can afford to give up a mid round pick next year if need be with more compensatory picks coming.

2nd round-S DJ Swearinger-Hybrid safety, doesnt have elite ball hawking range but that is probably the only weakness in his game if you want to call it that. He can play in the box, he can cover the slot, play 2 deep, etc. Would give us a nice tandem with him and Huff.

2nd round-OT Terron Armstead-We get our eventual LT here, i expect Mckinnie to be re-signed and we can put Juan Castillo to good use grooming Armstead. He's an outstanding athlete but he'll need at least a year get stronger in his lower body, uses his hands better and adjusting to the level of comp in the NFL.

3rd round-WR Da'rick Rogers-Eventual starter to replace Boldin. Love how he uses his strength and hands to get off the press, almost always look to catch away from his frame. Good initial foot quickness for a guy his size and he's a very natural route runner that doesnt look to be thinking too much or tipping his routes.

3rd round-ILB Kiko Alonso-Starter at either mike or will, plays fast and attacks line of scrimmage hard vs the run or blitzing the a gap. Very comfortable in coverage, can redirect, play a split out back or TE, reads QB well. A bit stiff in the hips compared to say an Ogleetree but his play spead and instincts more then makes up for it.

4th round(compensatory)-TE Travis Kelce-Ravens need a in-line blocking TE and because of an injury they are fortunate to find one that happens to be an upgrade over Ed Dickson as a pass catcher. This move will allow for Pitta to play more on the move and in the slot.

5th round(compensatory)-NT TJ Barnes-The Ravens are pretty set across the line but could use an upgrade over Cody at the backup nose spot. Barnes is a gigantic guy that plays hard and is difficult to move, would give solid run down snaps to keep others fresh

6th round-OLB Walter Stewart-Really sucks he has the spinal issue, when i watch him he showcases everything, he plays hard, uses his hands well, can bend the edge, has good intial burst and plays with good leverage. I'd take a flier on him late and see if i can get 4 years out of him.

6th round(compensatory)-QB Brad Sorensen-Former BYU recruit, good live arm, nice touch, solid athleticism. Needs to refine his footwork and speed up his reads. Probably doesnt make the team in year 1 but a nice developmental guy to groom on the practice squad year one and eventually compete to be the #2 guy.

7th round(compensatory)-ILB/OLB Ian Sluss-Sleeper guy from Portland St. that was brought to my attention, could not stop watching this guy. He's undersized at 5'11'' 235 but he's a good athlete, plays hard and fast. Also comfortable in space, comes from a pro style 3-4 and played every LB in it. Can rush the passer with multiple moves, very instinctive. If you youtube this guy you cant look away, even if i dont tell you his number he just jumps off the screen, worth a late round look to play ST and maybe in the nickel early on and let him compete for more as he goes.
    Last edited by Carey; 04-03-2013 at 09:52 PM.

Really impressive Carey. Would be fine with that draft. The only disagreement with me is I would take Reddick over Alonso. Other than that I like it. Really like Swearinger. He'd be an upgrade to Pollard already IMO. He is a sure tackler and better in coverage. Armstead as the future man is something I really like and Rogers is one of my favorite WR in this draft
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Thanks run, i thought about Reddick there, he has more physical upside i think but i just like Alonso's coverage ability better.

Oh and shout to BPR for teaching me how to study WR's, been looking at WR' non stop for 2 weeks now lol

Blog Entries

Greg Cosell's take on the LB class (I will only include what he said about the ILBs/4-3 LBs that were covered in the video)

Seems to like Arthur Brown, but who doesn't?

Likes Alec Ogletree, and thinks he's the most pure athletic player in the LB class.

Likes Kevin Minter even better, and thinks he isn't the most athletic of players, but thinks he's a good football player and a better football player than Ogletree.

Likes Sio Moore, compares him to Lawrence Timmons, and thinks he could play as a ILB in a 3-4.

Thinks Te'o is a good stack LB, but doesn't see him playing in sub packages. Says he isn't a special LB like many originally thought. From the tone of his voice, he didn't seem too impressed like he was for most of the other guys covered here.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...6-059684c593bd

Blog Entries

And just to update some of yall on visits, the Ravens have had Damontre Moore, and Tank Carradine in for visits/workouts lately. It would not surprise me at all if either were picked at 32 despite the fact that we have Dumervil, Sizzle, and Upshaw on the roster. The game is changing so much into a pass first league more and more every season now, the Ravens may be looking to copy the Seahawks here.

The Ravens have also had David Bakhtiari in for a visit, who could be a decent option at guard, and possibly a future LT. The Ravens have been in contact with McKinnie's agent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

Thinks Te'o is a good stack LB, but doesn't see him playing in sub packages. Says he isn't a special LB like many originally thought. From the tone of his voice, he didn't seem too impressed like he was for most of the other guys covered here.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/mu...6-059684c593bd
    That's why I'm not a fan of Te'o. With the emphasis in the passing game now and more teams running more spread and read/option offenses, you really need guys that can run and cover. For the LB's I like Brown, Ogletree and Minter.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    And just to update some of yall on visits, the Ravens have had Damontre Moore, and Tank Carradine in for visits/workouts lately. It would not surprise me at all if either were picked at 32 despite the fact that we have Dumervil, Sizzle, and Upshaw on the roster. The game is changing so much into a pass first league more and more every season now, the Ravens may be looking to copy the Seahawks here.

The Ravens have also had David Bakhtiari in for a visit, who could be a decent option at guard, and possibly a future LT. The Ravens have been in contact with McKinnie's agent.
    Absolutely, re: DE's, if they are BPA ar 32. Bakhtiari would be a nice day 2 pick also.

Blog Entries

In my simple mind, without any trades :
    (1) Eric Reid [Safety]
    (2) Terron Armstead [OT]
    (3) Kevin Reddick [ILB]
    (4) Da'Rick Rogers [WR]
    Is this possible where we pick? And if so, would you be satisfied with these choices? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    In my simple mind, without any trades :
    (1) Eric Reid [Safety]
    (2) Terron Armstead [OT]
    (3) Kevin Reddick [ILB]
    (4) Da'Rick Rogers [WR]
    Is this possible where we pick? And if so, would you be satisfied with these choices? ... Bc
    I would take Elam, Swearinger or Cyprien over Reid becuase Reid is more of a centre field player (like Huff), whereas I think the other three names would compliment him better. My favorite of the bunch is Swearinger
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB