Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: All Things Draft:

I would be absolutely over the moon if Damontre fell to us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He should consider WWE lol
    That's actually exactly what he should do. Seriously.

Or, like Iscull said...had he dropped about 50-60lbs (he doesn't look fat at all), he probably could have played the 5 position in basketball.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I am now firmly on the pass rusher at 32/early 2nd round train. Good defenses need three edge rushers in this day and age, and Upshaw isn't an athletic rusher, just a bullrusher who's great at stopping the run, and Suggs is still a bit of a question mark, although I expect him to be back to a high level again, just not DPOY level, more likely 2010 level. My 3 targets are now Alex Okafor, Tank Carradine, or Damontore Moore (would be my number 1 guy, but I'm not sure how realistic it is that he falls to 32).

The idea offseason:
    Re-sign Ellerbe, Reed, and McKinnie.

Sign Ricky Jean Francois, and Chris Spencer (to compete with Gino)

Draft:
    1. Damontre Moore
    2. Brandon Williams
    3. Kevin Reddick
    4. Joe Kruger

There is the trenches fixed again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Falling, falling, falling?
    I would be absolutely over the moon if Damontre fell to us.

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with NFL scouts and GM's if DaMontre Moore falls to the Ravens in round 1.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with NFL scouts and GM's if DaMontre Moore falls to the Ravens in round 1.
    Like I've said before, the two other really smart teams (Steelers, and Giants) are picking infront of us this year, and Jarvis Jones and Damontre Moore wont fall past them IMO.

Guys, logical picks at 32 for the Ravens could be Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor. Who would you prefer? Kruger is gone, so we need a nickel edge rusher to spell Upshaw. Okafor is more of a natural fit in a 3-4 and is more of a power rusher, Carradine is more of a freak athlete and is a pure speed rusher. He is coming off an ACL injury, where as Okafor had a productive year and looked good at the senior bowl. Both have really good size, and its really hard to decide between the two.
    Well you know im a Carradine guy lol, i think fully healthy he's a top half of the first round guy. He reportedly has been doing some running and wants to work out for scouts before the draft. At 32 it's risky now, dpeneding on how well he works out and how he checks out medical between now and the draft the risk may subside, even to the point that he could go before 32.

I like Okafor too, i dont see the burst i think to be a 10 sack a year guy but he's gonna be a good player, love Carradine's upside tho

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Well you know im a Carradine guy lol, i think fully healthy he's a top half of the first round guy. He reportedly has been doing some running and wants to work out for scouts before the draft. At 32 it's risky now, dpeneding on how well he works out and how he checks out medical between now and the draft the risk may subside, even to the point that he could go before 32.

I like Okafor too, i dont see the burst i think to be a 10 sack a year guy but he's gonna be a good player, love Carradine's upside tho
    He looked like a men among boys on film, he already has an NFL body too. You rarely see that, especially with pass rushers.

He looked like a men among boys on film, he already has an NFL body too. You rarely see that, especially with pass rushers.
    Yea he's rocked up, both of them are really. Carradine put up 28 reps at the combine and i believe Okafor had about 21.

Blog Entries

Nothing derailed the Courtney Upshaw train last year and nothing must derail the Tavon Austin train this year.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Nothing derailed the Courtney Upshaw train last year and nothing must derail the Tavon Austin train this year.
    Tavon Austin is a perfect fit for todays NFL, he's going to go in the top 20 sadly. Upshaw dropped because he's a throw back style edge defender, he would have been a perfect fit for a team like the 2000 Ravens, but he just wasn't athletic enough to go in the top 20 even if many of us projected him there. I still think Upshaw is going to be a very good player for us, just not an all pro pass rusher like Suggs is.

Terron armstead...

Guys, logical picks at 32 for the Ravens could be Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor. Who would you prefer? Kruger is gone, so we need a nickel edge rusher to spell Upshaw. Okafor is more of a natural fit in a 3-4 and is more of a power rusher, Carradine is more of a freak athlete and is a pure speed rusher. He is coming off an ACL injury, where as Okafor had a productive year and looked good at the senior bowl. Both have really good size, and its really hard to decide between the two.
    Love Okafor. I think he's actually pretty underated in terms of how far back most draftniks have him listed. The dude is a sure-fire pro.