Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: $10 million a Year for Kruger

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

I would disagree with this. Jabaal Sheard is pretty good.
    Jabaal Sheard offers nothing in pass rush really, he kind of reminds me of Courtney Upshaw. Good run defender, but they need someone who can get to the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Two words:

Courtney Upshaw

Kruger did a lot for us, but without Suggs on the other side he is average, there is now way in hell I pay him that.
    Upshaw will be a very good run stopper, but I don't know about his heavy-footed, pass rushing.
    I'm always willing to let anyone convince me otherwise.

Totally agree with you on Kruger.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Jabaal Sheard offers nothing in pass rush really, he kind of reminds me of Courtney Upshaw. Good run defender, but they need someone who can get to the QB.
    The guy had 7 sacks last year with "incredible" players like Frostee Rucker and Ju'Qua Parker playing opposite of him.

Sheard is no DeMarcus Ware, but he is pretty good and I think playing for Ray Horton is going to make him a lot better.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think we're always going to need a nickel rusher while we have Upshaw. Upshaw is a talented player and will probably turn out to be the best run defending 3-4 OLB in the league, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to offer a great amount of productivity as a pass rusher.

Blog Entries

The guy had 7 sacks last year with "incredible" players like Frostee Rucker and Ju'Qua Parker playing opposite of him.

Sheard is no DeMarcus Ware, but he is pretty good and I think playing for Ray Horton is going to make him a lot better.
    He isn't an elite athletic pass rusher that is going to scare you in the film room like an Aldon Smith, a healthy Terrell Suggs, or a JJ Watt would. He is a much better run defender than he is a pass rusher, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be a 7-10 sack a year guy with the right person opposite him.

Btw Cleveland have some pretty good DTs.

Appreciate all Kruger has done for us but we don't overpay situational players. Suggs has become the new Ray. The OLBs opposite of him go to new teams and thrive in mediocrity. Atleast, kinda lol.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

As already stated by others Kruger is just not that good.......he had a nice year and made a few plays. And in the NFL there are teams that will pay 9 million a year, etc just to keep the fans filling the seats.
    Last edited by NOLARavenFAN; 03-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Two words:

Courtney Upshaw

Kruger did a lot for us, but without Suggs on the other side he is average, there is now way in hell I pay him that.
    I don't disagree that Upshaw is the future and Kruger is likely gone from Baltimore, but the notion that Suggs' return played a role in Kruger's breakout is totally wrong.

I understand that Kruger posted more sacks/game after Suggs returned, but correlation does not equal causation. Suggs' return and Kruger's "rise" (which wasn't really a rise because he was pressuring the QB at the same rate overall the entire season, he just got more sacks in the latter half) happened at the same time but had nothing to do with one another.

If you go back and watch the tape teams were not doubling, chipping, or otherwise scheming around Suggs at all. In fact, Suggs was a complete nonfactor as a pass rusher outside of the Houston and Denver games this year. Kruger was our only legit edge rushing option whether Suggs was in the lineup or not.

I'm not saying this to bash Suggs but merely to point out that Kruger's production wasn't due to anything other than him playing at a high level. Wave your hand at it and call it "easily replaced" as much as you want but if it could be so easily replaced one would think pass rushers would be as cheap as kickers or punters.

Blog Entries

I would disagree with this. Jabaal Sheard is pretty good.
    Jabaal Sheard is very good but in the new look Browns defense I'm not sure what he going to do or where he's even going to play. I even read a rumor that he might be traded for Nick Foles! Seems insane to me which is why I can't see it happening.

Two words:

Courtney Upshaw

Spot on Capn. Kruger will only be as good as the guy lining up on the other side of the D.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I don't disagree that Upshaw is the future and Kruger is likely gone from Baltimore, but the notion that Suggs' return played a role in Kruger's breakout is totally wrong.

I understand that Kruger posted more sacks/game after Suggs returned, but correlation does not equal causation. Suggs' return and Kruger's "rise" (which wasn't really a rise because he was pressuring the QB at the same rate overall the entire season, he just got more sacks in the latter half) happened at the same time but had nothing to do with one another.

If you go back and watch the tape teams were not doubling, chipping, or otherwise scheming around Suggs at all. In fact, Suggs was a complete nonfactor as a pass rusher outside of the Houston and Denver games this year. Kruger was our only legit edge rushing option whether Suggs was in the lineup or not.

I'm not saying this to bash Suggs but merely to point out that Kruger's production wasn't due to anything other than him playing at a high level. Wave your hand at it and call it "easily replaced" as much as you want but if it could be so easily replaced one would think pass rushers would be as cheap as kickers or punters.

Kruger is getting severally under valued by a lot of posters here, and its because of his past rep as an under whelming player. He has emerged into a top tier pass rusher whether people like it or not, some wont get it out of their heads that Kruger isn't just some depth rotational player anymore, the guy can get to the QB. I also laugh at the notion that I hear every day around here about Kruger playing only a 3rd of the defensive snaps, that is completely false and untrue, he played almost 90 % of the snaps against NE. He's an every down player and is going to get paid like one. Not saying he's an elite pass rusher yet or anything, but he is going to get a lot of money because of his age, and upside.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jabaal Sheard is very good but in the new look Browns defense I'm not sure what he going to do or where he's even going to play. I even read a rumor that he might be traded for Nick Foles! Seems insane to me which is why I can't see it happening.
    Trading him for Nick Foles would make no sense, because Philly are also going to a 3-4 scheme.