Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: $10 million a Year for Kruger

I don't think Kruger is worth $10 mil, but I do think he can play some ball. Last year he had 6 sacks and played less, splitting time with J.J and McPhee. Lets not forget who he was playing behind in 2011, double J was a lunch pale player. Lets also not forget the route they tried to take with Freddy, OLB to DE and back to OLB.
    This year he had 9 sacks in the regular season and showed some great burst and hands off the line. Worth $10 mil? No, but completely fall off, I doubt it, he will post another 9-10 sack season and get some pressure on the QB.

Blog Entries

I don't think Kruger is worth $10 mil, but I do think he can play some ball. Last year he had 6 sacks and played less, splitting time with J.J and McPhee. Lets not forget who he was playing behind in 2011, double J was a lunch pale player. Lets also not forget the route they tried to take with Freddy, OLB to DE and back to OLB.
    This year he had 9 sacks in the regular season and showed some great burst and hands off the line. Worth $10 mil? No, but completely fall off, I doubt it, he will post another 9-10 sack season and get some pressure on the QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    Kruger had a good run but for the most part i saw O-lineman fling him into the backfield a lot and become a non-factor on a tackle or sack. he picked up one sack against Oakland when the QB fell down behind the center and Krueger happened to be the first one to touch him so he got the sack. good luck, make your money and return a good compensatory pick.
    Speaking of non-factor on a tackle, teams ran on him all season. Ravens aren't spending on half a player. The Skins ran all over him. Watch the tape. Their RB ran up the middle and Kruger dived for him and missed. He ran down to the red zone and then they scored. Ravens would have won had Kruger forced a 40 yd FG had he made the tackle. Other teams ran on him too.

Ozzie drafted Upshaw with no intention of signing Kruger especially at his rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    where did you get your avatar. everytime i see it it cracks me up.
    haha...Glad you like it; and it serves that very purpose.

I did a generic google image search a few years ago; "funny pics", I think it was. Got pages and pages of hits of course, but the ostrich immediately had me in tears laughing.
    I use it across the web for my various accounts. It's a constant reminder to myself to have fun...seldom should life be taken seriously. :D
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

5. Re: $10 million a Year for Kruger

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    You think he will still be a first round pick with that ACL injury? I was thinking that the Ravens might have a shot at him if they traded up in the second round.
    I like Carradine a lot as well, along with Brandon Jenkins as far as their pass rushing abilities go. He's an intriguing prospect though. Carradine's saying that he is close to being fully healthy and that he'd be ready to go by mini camp. His measureables are interesting at 6'4 276 and I'd wonder where he'd fit but he's a rangy, electrifying edge guy. I'm interested in him at 32, as long as his knee checks out ok, I think it'd be a nice selection.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of non-factor on a tackle, teams ran on him all season. Ravens aren't spending on half a player. The Skins ran all over him. Watch the tape. Their RB ran up the middle and Kruger dived for him and missed. He ran down to the red zone and then they scored. Ravens would have won had Kruger forced a 40 yd FG had he made the tackle. Other teams ran on him too.

Ozzie drafted Upshaw with no intention of signing Kruger especially at his rates.
    Well Kruger's speciality was rushing the QB and for what it's worth every team ran on the ravens for much of the season.

Just like I was high on Doss, once upon a time; I was actually down on Kruger. I didn't think he had it in him, and whether 2012 was a flash or the beginning of a trend, he's come a long way as a pro. If I was a Ute', I'd be thumping my chest over the guy.

In this win-now league though, Kruger is going to get paid, and that's great for him.
    I just have a hard time throwing $8-10M/per at a guy who I think is interchangeable/replaceable.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Did teams have to game-plan for Kruger last year? Doubt it. It's not like he was Dwight Freeney in his prime, even with his cool spin move.

Blog Entries

Those who are miffed that Kruger didn't put it all together until he was a short-timer here should credit whatever shit-for-brains-trust on the coaching staff decided to bulk him up into a defensive end. That stalled his development for at least a year & more like 18 months. Frankly I was surprised he sounded willing to come back at all. I don't recall what geenyuss thought that one up but I presume he's gone (Gramps?).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I think we're always going to need a nickel rusher while we have Upshaw. Upshaw is a talented player and will probably turn out to be the best run defending 3-4 OLB in the league, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be able to offer a great amount of productivity as a pass rusher.
    Haven't you had enough of the 'I don't know if he'll ever become XXXXX" comments?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He can't stop the run, at all. He can drop into zone coverage a little bit, but his pass rush ability is all that he really brings to the table. He is mostly splash and little substance. If you expect him to be a three down player, you are not getting a 10 million dollar player. If you sign him, understanding that he is a pass rusher and only a pass rusher, who likely needs to be a compliment to another pass rusher, it doesn't matter what you pay for him, because you understand what you are getting.

Personally, I think somebody is going to be disappointed.

The Ravens, better than most teams, do a good job of keeping the right guys. That is why so many players leave the team, getting overpaid in FA, and not producing with their future teams.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyotc View Post
    Did teams have to game-plan for Kruger last year? Doubt it. It's not like he was Dwight Freeney in his prime, even with his cool spin move.
    I'm sure the Colts wish they had game-planned for him, considering he dominated their offense line in the playoffs.

It's amazing how posters here like to shit on the Ravens best pass rusher last year by far. He also played 90 percent of snaps throughout the playoffs. He was an every down player.