Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kinda of like how some view the Steelers and their supposed cap troubles every year, though I'd never call them morons.
    :word Cap troubles are vastly overstated.

Blog Entries

The Steelers went from Division Champions, to second place, to third place, due in large part to the ramifications of their cap issues.

I don't see the problem.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Steelers went from Division Champions, to second place, to third place, due in large part to the ramifications of their cap issues.

I don't see the problem.
    I think a lot of the Steelers' troubles are their recent bad drafts and the fact some of their key guys have gotten hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If I understand you, yes...it's a rolling process, and another purpose would be to bring in that expensive UDFA. The challenge is that you still need to make the tough decision(s) of cutting productive/likeable players due to age and/or them pricing themselves extremely high (via performance).
    Exactly, I would subsitute "never ending cycle" with rolling process though

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think a lot of the Steelers' troubles are their recent bad drafts and the fact some of their key guys have gotten hurt.
    True. In other words you gotta keep hitting on your draft picks every year, which is hard to do. The Steelers have been having troubles doing just that. And thus they over rely on older players who are naturally more injury prone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    True. In other words you gotta keep hitting on your draft picks every year, which is hard to do. The Steelers have been having troubles doing just that. And thus they over rely on older players who are naturally more injury prone.
    Yep. Just like when we lost JJ and Grubbs. We had young guys that were able to step in. Kruger/Upshaw played in JJ's spot and KO eventually took over for Grubbs.

People as a group in general are just dumb. They all repeat the same crap like a parrot without actually using any of their own brain power.
    It's the mental equivalent of my sig.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It's funny how many morons(all obviously fans of other teams) are all like "Haha Ravens overpaid, now they won't be able to sign any other players, looking forward the them being 7-9 for the next six years".

Are sports fans reallly this dumb now? Or is it just everybody "hatin'"? Funny either way :)
    It's funny how many other teams (who haven't won the Super Bowl) are in the same boat... Bc

Blog Entries

The draft issues are part of it, but they lack depth, because they put all of their money into the top guys who are often injured.

I understand where you are coming from though. If they drafted better, they could have let some of those guys go.

My premise was that people haven't exactly been wrong in their 'downfall' assessment of the Steelers, due to their cap issues. They've been going downhill ever since they started restructuring these deals, a new strategy of theirs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The draft issues are part of it, but they lack depth, because they put all of their money into the top guys who are often injured.

I understand where you are coming from though. If they drafted better, they could have let some of those guys go.

My premise was that people haven't exactly been wrong in their 'downfall' assessment of the Steelers, due to their cap issues. They've been going downhill ever since they started restructuring these deals, a new strategy of theirs.
    I definitely agree with that. Hanging onto these aging vets has not exactly worked out for them.

Blog Entries

Other than Lawrence Timmons and Pouncey, who else has really worked out for them? Woodley would have been a guy, but he's even going downhill. The organization has publicly questioned his work ethic. Now, that's not to say that hasn't happened here (Suggs), but it's still a problem.

Blog Entries

Agreed, but then again the Ravens have put a lot of money into Webb, Suggs, and Ngata. All of whom have been injured often recently. One could argue that the Ravens are headed down a similar path.