Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

Celebratory PC tomorrow at 2:

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
    Last details have been finalized for Joe Flacco deal, Will sign tomorrow at 2 p.m. followed by press conference
    I assume that contract details will start coming out soon.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

See, and people were all shaking in their boots about Linta saying he still hadn't received the contract.

So, how soon do we announce a deal with our SECOND free agent? I have to think at least one other guy re-signs before start of FA.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Good News...Glad it is over. On to Ellerbe and hopefully working on keeping Q.

Love all the speculation about how cap-poor the Ravens will be when NO ONE has seen the details of this contract. I predict $120m, with only $60m guaranteed and a cap hit of about $8m per year. If so, its about what Brady got (Flacco in prime of career, Brady not), and less than Ngata and Suggs are currently making. The sky is not falling.

Albert Breer‏@AlbertBreer
    Flacco's deal: Six years, $120.6M. $52M guaranteed. $62M in the first three years. $6.8M cap hit for 2013. $29M cap hit for 2016. ...

More Flacco: $29 million signing bonus; Option bonuses of $15M and $7M built into the deal; $30M in Year 1; $51M thru 2; $62M thru 3.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cealex1223 View Post
    Love all the speculation about how cap-poor the Ravens will be when NO ONE has seen the details of this contract. I predict $120m, with only $60m guaranteed and a cap hit of about $8m per year. If so, its about what Brady got (Flacco in prime of career, Brady not), and less than Ngata and Suggs are currently making. The sky is not falling.
    The big numbers have been well known since Friday...

120.6 mil over 6 years, 52 mil guaranteed. 51 M in first two years, 62 M in first three years.

The BIG number...His 2013 cap hit is JUST 6.8 M.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The big numbers have been well known since Friday...

120.6 mil over 6 years, 52 mil guaranteed. 51 M in first two years, 62 M in first three years.

The BIG number...His 2013 cap hit is JUST 6.8 M.

Wow, hadn't seen that. Great news! And yes, looks like a 3 year contract.

Blog Entries

That was probably smart of Flacco. Had seen people talking about how, by the time the deal reaches the end, he'd be 10th or 11th on the list of highest paid QBs. That little snippet means, if we try to extend him after 3rd year, we'll probably end up giving him a boost, thus keeping him in the top paid QB list.

Hmmm.........

The fourth-year cap hit of $29 million makes this, in essence, a 3-year deal for Flacco. That cap figure will need to be addressed in '16.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Hmmm.........

The fourth-year cap hit of $29 million makes this, in essence, a 3-year deal for Flacco. That cap figure will need to be addressed in '16.
    Makes sense to me. Flacco most certainly will play out the entire contract and beyond, perhaps another 2-3 years. With that kind of cap # makes sense to restructure and sign him to an extension of 3 years or so. He'll be 37 or 38 by then, very reasonable considering how durable he's been.

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Hmmm.........

That is the modern NFL. Teams that are built around one QB will just keep fixing the cap number when it becomes due. That is what NE just did with Brady and that is what Pittsburgh is doing with Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by mistergq View Post
    That is the modern NFL. Teams that are built around one QB will just keep fixing the cap number when it becomes due. That is what NE just did with Brady and that is what Pittsburgh is doing with Benny.

Oh, no doubt. I'm just a little surprised, given the 3 bonuses, that there would be that high of a base salary in the 4th year, but I guess until we see all of the details (most importantly, when that third bonus is paid), it's kind of hard to guess.