Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Results 73 to 84 of 100
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kinda of like how some view the Steelers and their supposed cap troubles every year, though I'd never call them morons.
    Cap troubles are vastly overstated.




  2. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    The Steelers went from Division Champions, to second place, to third place, due in large part to the ramifications of their cap issues.

    I don't see the problem.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  3. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Steelers went from Division Champions, to second place, to third place, due in large part to the ramifications of their cap issues.

    I don't see the problem.
    I think a lot of the Steelers' troubles are their recent bad drafts and the fact some of their key guys have gotten hurt.




  4. #76

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    If I understand you, yes...it's a rolling process, and another purpose would be to bring in that expensive UDFA. The challenge is that you still need to make the tough decision(s) of cutting productive/likeable players due to age and/or them pricing themselves extremely high (via performance).
    Exactly, I would subsitute "never ending cycle" with rolling process though




  5. #77
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think a lot of the Steelers' troubles are their recent bad drafts and the fact some of their key guys have gotten hurt.
    True. In other words you gotta keep hitting on your draft picks every year, which is hard to do. The Steelers have been having troubles doing just that. And thus they over rely on older players who are naturally more injury prone.




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    True. In other words you gotta keep hitting on your draft picks every year, which is hard to do. The Steelers have been having troubles doing just that. And thus they over rely on older players who are naturally more injury prone.
    Yep. Just like when we lost JJ and Grubbs. We had young guys that were able to step in. Kruger/Upshaw played in JJ's spot and KO eventually took over for Grubbs.




  7. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    People as a group in general are just dumb. They all repeat the same crap like a parrot without actually using any of their own brain power.
    It's the mental equivalent of my sig.
    Back to the AFCCG we go. So get ready!

    Team MVP to-date: Rick Wagner and C.J. Mosley (tie)

    Having fun talking football on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver




  8. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,937
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    It's funny how many morons(all obviously fans of other teams) are all like "Haha Ravens overpaid, now they won't be able to sign any other players, looking forward the them being 7-9 for the next six years".

    Are sports fans reallly this dumb now? Or is it just everybody "hatin'"? Funny either way
    It's funny how many other teams (who haven't won the Super Bowl) are in the same boat... Bc




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think a lot of the Steelers' troubles are their recent bad drafts and the fact some of their key guys have gotten hurt.
    The draft issues are part of it, but they lack depth, because they put all of their money into the top guys who are often injured.

    I understand where you are coming from though. If they drafted better, they could have let some of those guys go.

    My premise was that people haven't exactly been wrong in their 'downfall' assessment of the Steelers, due to their cap issues. They've been going downhill ever since they started restructuring these deals, a new strategy of theirs.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    9,157
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The draft issues are part of it, but they lack depth, because they put all of their money into the top guys who are often injured.

    I understand where you are coming from though. If they drafted better, they could have let some of those guys go.

    My premise was that people haven't exactly been wrong in their 'downfall' assessment of the Steelers, due to their cap issues. They've been going downhill ever since they started restructuring these deals, a new strategy of theirs.
    I definitely agree with that. Hanging onto these aging vets has not exactly worked out for them.




  11. #83
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,094
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Other than Lawrence Timmons and Pouncey, who else has really worked out for them? Woodley would have been a guy, but he's even going downhill. The organization has publicly questioned his work ethic. Now, that's not to say that hasn't happened here (Suggs), but it's still a problem.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  12. #84
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,918

    Re: Flacco deal has apparently been finalized!

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The draft issues are part of it, but they lack depth, because they put all of their money into the top guys who are often injured.
    Agreed, but then again the Ravens have put a lot of money into Webb, Suggs, and Ngata. All of whom have been injured often recently. One could argue that the Ravens are headed down a similar path.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland