Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Q Gives His Take on Mutiny-Gate

He's on SXM NFL Radio right now.

Basically gave Harbs all the props. Said the "a few" players spoke out to Harbs in a manner that was less than professional.

Harbs, according to Q, simply took a step back and listened to the players, even going so far as to solicit opinions from the quiet players as well.

By weeks end, the team was on different level in terms of unity and that locker room was solidly behind Harbs.

Blog Entries

Re: Q Gives His Take on Mutiny-Gate

I'm going to take a leap and say Pollard was one of the few players that spoke out in a less than professional manner.

Blog Entries

I'm going to take a BIG leap...

Florio and the rumor mongers are sitting there trying to dream up the next spinster tale to throw dirt on us. Love how EVERY SINGLE PLAYER that was moved "because of the mutiny" has come out and been like "You serious? Nope, not even a little"
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I am really glad to see Boldin be professional about the whole thing.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I don't get why this is upsetting posters.

Something happened that Harbaugh did not like.

There are 2 players who are being referred to as the root of that "incident" and I don't think it's a leap to conclude that it, along with other incidents that none of us have an idea about caused Pollard's release and may have played a small role in the lack of urgency for Ed being re-signed.

Even if everything "evil PFT" has inferred about that incident is true, I don't see how it reflects bad on the organization from the media, other fans or players. So a coach that just won a Super Bowl didn't like being challenged by what Q is calling an "unproffessional" manner. So what? One replaceable player was released and an ICON in the late December of his career are gone. So? He didn't cut Flacco or Rice or Torrey...the core of our team is still here.

How do some of you let that stuff bother you this much? I don't even think the PFT, or Preston's statement are inflammatory in any way at all unless you just want to hear all rainbows and roses about the Ravens 24x7.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

There are 2 players who are being referred to as the root of that "incident" and I don't think it's a leap to conclude that it, along with other incidents that none of us have an idea about caused Pollard's release and may have played a small role in the lack of urgency for Ed being re-signed.

Even if everything "evil PFT" has inferred about that incident is true, I don't see how it reflects bad on the organization from the media, other fans or players. So a coach that just won a Super Bowl didn't like being challenged by what Q is calling an "unproffessional" manner. So what? One replaceable player was released and an ICON in the late December of his career are gone. So? He didn't cut Flacco or Rice or Torrey...the core of our team is still here.

How do some of you let that stuff bother you this much? I don't even think the PFT, or Preston's statement are inflammatory in any way at all unless you just want to hear all rainbows and roses about the Ravens 24x7.
    Well said, especially your points on PFT.

Less than professional? Whatever. Although that may have factored in some small way into the decision, in one case Reed wanted too much money, and Pollard's style of play in the NFL is done, as the NFL is going to police the big hits even more this year.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Yea, but if Rice, Torrey, or Flacco assume the role of NFLPA rep for the Ravens, then Harbs will definitely cut those guys next.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

*sigh* Mountain meet molehill. The whole "incident" I mean. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Less than professional? Whatever. Although that may have factored in some small way into the decision, in one case Reed wanted too much money, and Pollard's style of play in the NFL is done, as the NFL is going to police the big hits even more this year.
    I don't think Q was suggesting that was the reason those players got cut.

First off, I don't think anyone is "upset". That's an exaggeration.

People don't like PFT or Preston not because they say negative things about their team - they don't like them because these guys only write things to "stir the pot".

Not liking something, or pointing out the tabloid nature of their "reporting" is hardly getting "upset", or being "thin skinned".

The way some people around here defend PFT or other reporters and then accuse Ravens fans for being thin skinned is rather ironic. Pot meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    First off, I don't think anyone is "upset". That's an exaggeration.

People don't like PFT or Preston not because they say negative things about their team - they don't like them because these guys only write things to "stir the pot".

Not liking something, or pointing out the tabloid nature of their "reporting" is hardly getting "upset", or being "thin skinned".

The way some people around here defend PFT or other reporters and then accuse Ravens fans for being thin skinned is rather ironic. Pot meet kettle.
    And there is exactly the problem...I was going to post this earlier so I'm glad you brought it up.

PFT, Preston, John McClain, Ken Rosenthal, Peter Schmuck, are NOT reporters.

They are NOT beat writers or reporters nor do they pretend to be.

They are COLUMNISTS...as for PFT, hell, they have in BOLD at the top of the page...RUMOR MILL. Florio is NOT trying to fool anybody and it's laughable that anyone would refer to his site as "reporting". Just because Preston has an article in the paper doesn't mean that he is a reporter...it's the same as in other sections of the paper...you have the actual reporters, and then you have the opinion pieces by columnists whether it's the political section, the business section or whatever section.

Their job is not to just report scores/lineups/signings...they are NOT beat writers or reporters like Aaron Wilson, Jeff Barker and those guys.

Their job is to write OPINION pieces. If you don't like hearing someone else's opinion, which may or may not jive with what yours is, people should stick to the beat writers.

I don't think they are ONLY writing things to "stir the pot"...Florio and Preston has written numerous "fluff" pieces on the Ravens. But people are only hanging onto things they don't like. It's like the customer service saying...people are MUCH quicker to tell everyone about poor service they received than good service.

Preston mentioning showergate got a ton of posters upset years ago. Why? How did this affect you? Things like that...I just don't understand.

Now I genuinely do get annoyed when I read articles bashing our actual team...like that Ashley Fox article last year before the Denver playoff game...and the one a couple weeks ago about Dumervil losing his shot at the Super Bowl...THOSE are things I can see upsetting people.

Not this nonsense about the "mutiny" or whatever...so what if it did happen? Nobody is saying that Harbaugh is messing up the team or that that incident and it's fallout is going to prevent us from winning. Nobody is really saying anything at all negative about the organization...locally, nationally or from the fans. Those guys are gone, we are moving on and we are going to continue to win.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.