Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I'm officially behind the pick armstead at 32 bandwagon, just watched every play he was in on the east west shrine and the senior bowl. He had the strength to dominate the bull rush, in fact most rushers ended up on their [profanity deleted]. The speed rushers he has the quick feet to shuffle and long arms to just push the rusher on past the QB and give a clean pocket to step into.

He's quick and athletic putting in blocks in the second level on the run.

I want him, I think this pick could be a complete steal in three or four years.
    My initial reaction is a resounding NO. However, Flacco was a small school product that performed really well leading up to the draft.

Armstead certainly has the athleticism, that's for sure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: 120 million/6yrs says LT has to be the next Priority

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, he is a good run blocker and an avg at best pass blocker (based on those numbers).

No thanks.

I mean, he was better than Wayne Hunter and Jason Smith, but that isnt saying much at all.

Yeah, I doubt it happens, That report is probably just some random speculation. I would never give up a 2nd rounder for him unless I had a hole at RT, which we just don't have. EVEN if the Ravens are going to start Oher at LT again, or if Oher had some horrific injury that would put him out for some time, the Ravens have KO and Jah Reid, KO played pretty well at RT before moving to guard.

Blog Entries
    The one thing that worries me about Armstead is his arms are 34.08". While that isn't terrible, it isnt ideal.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I see a little bit of Will Beatty in Armstead. Beatty took a while to develop, and had a rough season or two finding his feet, but he transformed his raw athletic ability into a top 10 LT and has now been paid a lot of money. Armstead has the potential to go down a similar path.

The one thing that worries me about Armstead is his arms are 34.08". While that isn't terrible, it isnt ideal.

have you watched much of him? I knew nothing about him and have just watched 5 or 6 games of him and I think his potential is limitless, huge upside, will need refinement but at 32 who won't?

I don't think any prospect at the back end of the first has the potential, talent, or upside of him. Better players right now no doubt but I could easily seeing him fixing or left tackle issue for the length of joes career.

Blog Entries

It isn't ideal at all, but he makes it for it with his feet.

I probably wouldn't take him at 32, and would trade back into the second and take him then probably, or even with the 62nd pick. I don't think he's day 1 starter material at LT, which is why he would sit behind McKinnie for a year or two should we choose to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I see a little bit of Will Beatty in Armstead. Beatty took a while to develop, and had a rough season or two finding his feet, but he transformed his raw athletic ability into a top 10 LT and has now been paid a lot of money. Armstead has the potential to go down a similar path.
    This. He won't, we he could, but unlikely, make an immediate impact year 1. Hed be serviceable if he had to start, but its the potential and upside that would make me pick him at 32.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It isn't ideal at all, but he makes it for it with his feet.

I probably wouldn't take him at 32, and would trade back into the second and take him then probably, or even with the 62nd pick. I don't think he's day 1 starter material at LT, which is why he would sit behind McKinnie for a year or two should we choose to resign him.
    Can't see him being there at 32 at all, I'd see him going inside the top 10 of round two. Ideally I'd love to trade back with a Arizona or buffalo and take him but I think San Fran have to be the prime to team trade back

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Agreed, and he could come cheap.
    I also forgot about Bahktiari who looks like a 4th rounder with LT potential.

32 seems high to me for Watson... Maye if we trade back to the top of the 2nd... he's jsut too raw and slightly old for a first round grade in my book.
    I think the draft will shake out something like this:

mid-2nd rounders: Terron Armstead, Kyle Long, Menelik Watson
    early 3rd rounder: David Bakhtiari
    mid 3rd rounder: Chris Faulk
    early/mid fourth rounder: David Quesenberry
    mid 5th rounder: Brennan Williams

I think the Ravens are going to have to move around to get a decent OT in this draft.

Blog Entries

Ok so how about this...

Armstead or Watson in early 2nd round with a trade partner looking for a QB- Will sit behind McKinnie for a year or two if he's re-signed, or even start at RT or G for the time being.

DJ Swearinger at 62 if Reed isn't re-signed. If Reed is re-signed, maybe the focus shifts to the trenches, with Brandon Williams and Jesse Williams projected to possibly be here.

If said team over trades and gives early 3rd, use that pick for Brandon Jenkins to replace Kruger as the nickel OLB, if its only a fourth, use the later 3rd rounder on John Simon for that role.

Use late 3rd on Kevin Reddick or Kiko Alonso.

That is probably the best value IMO.

Armstead is going to be a fine pro. The only question is for whom?
    Early on, he'll struggle with what he hasn't seen: guys that have counter moves and the heavy-weight bulls.
    I wouldn't take a mini-project in the 1st, but with the plateau of talent from 6-7 on down through the 30s, maybe Ozzie will.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver