Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Should the "Art" patch stay on the Ravens uniform?

The Yankees don't wear THE BOSS patch in memory of Steinbrenner on their unis anymore. I think it was just for the rest of the 2010 season and maybe the 2011 season, not sure, but not this past season.

BTW, stupid Yankee fans don't even know what the name means nor does anyone else in the country. The word yankee comes from the Dutch word YAK which means slime, hillbilly, redneck type of guy. That's what they called the English when they ran them out of New York.So when the Americans started acting up the English anglosized it to Yankee and insulted the Americans.

People in NY didn't know what it meant and liked it so much they picked it up and ran with it and came up with Yankee doodle dandy.

That's New Yorkers for you.

The patch should stay.........until Art has his day!

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    No. Let Art be forever immortalized by that huge portrait in the front lobby of The Castle. No permanent uniform adornment is necessary, or warranted.
    Agreed.

One year and done. I don't get the sense that Art would want that much attention anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    This! Let the tv viewers see it in Cleveland, Screw the sportswriters by wearing it until Art is in the HOF.

Blog Entries

Now that's a good thought. I like that idea. Don't let the country forget Art especially next time they see it in the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    No. Let Art be forever immortalized by that huge portrait in the front lobby of The Castle. No permanent uniform adornment is necessary, or warranted.
    I too have admired that portrat. It is a magnificent tribute to the man and entirely appropriate.
    I also agree that honoring him with the patch should be limited to one year. Tributes like this are also meant to provide closure as well as show respect for those who have passed on.

There is also another reason not to have "Art" on the Ravens uniforms next season. The reason is Mr. Steve Bisciotti. It his his team now and he has proven to be more than capable of creating a winning legacy for the Baltimore Ravens in his own rite, just as Mr. Arthur Modell laid the foundation for this organization that has blossomed into one of the best in the NFL.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Maybe we could designate them as our throwback uniforms and just break them out when we play Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by SNAFU View Post
    Awesome idea.

I'm OK either way on the patch as good arguments were presented for both sides. I'm definitely in support of a permanent tribute to Art as suggested by the portrait at the castle. Or possibly a bronze bust at the walk of fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm OK either way on the patch as good arguments were presented for both sides. I'm definitely in support of a permanent tribute to Art as suggested by the portrait at the castle. Or possibly a bronze bust at the walk of fame.
    I agree with this.
    Personally I think a more fitting way to honor Art is a permanent tribute at M&T and/or The Castle.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    There is also another reason not to have "Art" on the Ravens uniforms next season. The reason is Mr. Steve Bisciotti. It his his team now and he has proven to be more than capable of creating a winning legacy for the Baltimore Ravens in his own rite, just as Mr. Arthur Modell laid the foundation for this organization that has blossomed into one of the best in the NFL.
    I would think Mr Bisciotti would be low key and support keeping the patch until Art is in the HOF. Art did lay the foundation and should be mentioned every year the Ravens go to post season. Cleveland should know by now that the Ravens are Baltimore's pride and joy when the NFL is in season. They had their chance with Mr Modell and blew it. Ravens have a classy owner who learned from Mr Modell (another classy owner),how to operate a football team. A potrait and statue would be nice, but you would have to come to Baltimore for people to see it. Sixteen times a year, plus postseason is more appropriate to show how the Ravens feel about Art.

You guys remember when you were all bitching about Robert Kraft dedicating the playoff game this year to Myra Kraft?

Just saying.