Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 232425
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

I thought it was deliberate and ran with it. Good description of him.

:happyanim

I know it's from Florio, but an interesting perspective on how this past season and the new deal really end up being a7-year, $127M deal ($18.19M/year) deal, as opposed to him signing the 'lesser' deal last August.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llion/related/
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

someone clue me in...who is st. thomas of san mateo??? they keep using that reference in other articles...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think the better route to go is drafting a LT in this draft. I know OT is "top heavy" in this draft, but I think there's guys in the mid rounds who could be developed into effective LT.

Don't forget, we also have Juan Castillo now. He sucked as a DC (lol), but was a pretty good OL coach.
    I've been advocating trying KO @ LT since he was drafted. If we can resign McKinnie for a year, while KO plays LG and learns the position, then we can draft a LG to take his place in 2014. Just a thought... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I've been advocating trying KO @ LT since he was drafted. If we can resign McKinnie for a year, while KO plays LG and learns the position, then we can draft a LG to take his place in 2014. Just a thought... Bc
    If KO is going to be a LT, he should be it this year. What do you consider a bigger jump, G to T or left side to right side? I'd say if KO has already played RT and LG effectively, if he has the tools to be a LT, they should put him there and roll with it.

I can't say for sure if he has the tools to play LT or not, but I know everyone SEEMS to think he could be a Pro Bowl LG, so I'd say if the right guy is there in the draft, get a LT and develop KO as a LG. If not, move him to LT and have Jah Reid or a true G in the draft start at LG.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If KO is going to be a LT, he should be it this year. What do you consider a bigger jump, G to T or left side to right side? I'd say if KO has already played RT and LG effectively, if he has the tools to be a LT, they should put him there and roll with it.

I can't say for sure if he has the tools to play LT or not, but I know everyone SEEMS to think he could be a Pro Bowl LG, so I'd say if the right guy is there in the draft, get a LT and develop KO as a LG. If not, move him to LT and have Jah Reid or a true G in the draft start at LG.
    I'm not a fan of moving KO to LT tbh. He has heaps of potential as a LG. Ross Tucker thinks KO can develop into a Carl Nicks type guard, and if you have that, you don't touch it. You could have an elite interior Oline with him and Yanda, while a guy like Gino only has to be solid at C. Then you can kind of live with average play at the OT positions. This is what NO did with their Oline. They invested into the interior and then just filled the OT spots with average players. We can re-sign McKinnie at a moderate deal and he would probably be an above average LT next season, and Oher is above average at RT. That IMO is an approach that could work well.

Peter King has tweeted that he's heard Flacco's numbers in years 1 and 2 of the deal are $6.8m and $14.8m. Not too bad at all, and the prospective Cap increase in a few years should take care of the higher numbers further down the line.

Blog Entries

After all of that talk about Tom Brady sacrificing for the team caring so much about winning, Joe Flacco's cap figure for 2013 will be lower than Brady's, even after the restructure.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

KO couldn't play RT much less LT. Like Oher his footwork was too slow and didn't use his arms right. A lot of guys breezed by him on the way to Flacco. LG was his natural position in college so don't mess with that. The Big Whopper and KO looked liked a side of a mountain and we started winning all those games when they switched him. Maybe Castillo can do something with him but I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    After all of that talk about Tom Brady sacrificing for the team caring so much about winning, Joe Flacco's cap figure for 2013 will be lower than Brady's, even after the restructure.
    Another data point, Joe's draft was completed one day after the NFL finalized the cap. Quite intentional, I think.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver