Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 22232425 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

Not that the question was directed toward me, but I wouldn't mind offering up my thoughts.

I would release Jacoby Jones, sign Boldin to a one year extension and sign Leach to a one year extension.

Anquan Boldin, at this stage in his career, can be very effective with the right QB. While he goes up and makes difficult catches in traffic, he also catches a lot of passes that are placed by Flacco, where only he can come down with it. With Boldin's inability to separate, that is key to his success. Most QBs will not be able to consistently make those throws. If I could sign Boldin to a one year extension and lower his cap figure (2013) to 4.5, that could free up some space.

While the offense functions better in formations that seem to exclude Leach, his presence still gives the team a dimension that will be difficult to duplicate with similar success. He is, without question, the best blocking FB in the league. He adds a toughness to this offense. They are probably going to pass more in 2013, but his presence allows them to run the ball in the fourth quarter and bleed the clock. When he is paired with Bernard Pierce, it could certainly resemble their fourth quarter ability in 2008, with a more dangerous play action.

It's not secret that I am not the biggest fan of Jacoby Jones. It's no secret that we could sign Randy Moss for half of what Jones' cap figure would be. It's no secret that this is the move I want to make.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    link to this rumour, no way in hell he gets that.
    That would make him about he third highest paid MLB in th league
    105.7' Glen Younes has been parrotting the rumor for days now, wherever it came from. He wants Timmons deal, roughly. Which had $11m signing bonus.

WAYYYYYY too much, IMO. Like, DOUBLE.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    If you were the FO RIGHT now what would your proposed moves be, who would you cut, what would you save on said cuts, where would you spend that money, who would you extend etc etc, just a wee quick mock of the best possible solution in your eyes.
    who said he wasnt in the front office right now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Other than the $30M and $20M signing bonuses, where is the other $10M guaranteed? The first three years worth of base salaries?

I guess I don't understand how it works when base salaries are "guaranteed," though I know they can be. Future base can be guaranteed, but if the player gets cut before that year the whole "guaranteed base" amount is instantly applied in cut year? Is that how it works?
    yes, it's been reported, though not in stone, that his entire first 3 years payout is guaranteed. His salary is guaranteed, and thus paid out even if nt on the squad.

5. Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

I like Ellerbe, but that's ludicrous. I hope that's not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    You want a guy who hasnt lived up to the hype and was injured for 10 plus million vs a good player who is SOLID for a third of the pay? That's what is crazy. Mckinney is probably the most underrated player on the whole team and went up against Freeney, Dumerville, (NE..meh) and SF and was basically flawless. You can always add incentives for weight and performace to BM's contract also.
    didn't say that, simply said that even injured, Long is better then McKinney. IMO, his decline has been tied to the fact that eh has continued to play despite beign injured, in a Ngata like manner.

I like both options, but Long is a potential long term fill in, Bmac short term only.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Trouble with these prospect LTs is none of them have arms over 34.5" which is needed at LT. Film Study posted this last week and that was one of Oher's probs. He arms were too short and he tried to wrestle his opponents instead of using his arms like a stun gun like JO did. Truth is, LTs with 36" arm length don't grow on trees.
    agree completely and have since the day we drafted Oher. Worse then the fact that he has short little T-Rex arms is that he simply doesn't even use them, he bellies up defenders like a guard does.

And thanks scallywag for answering BC's question concisely. I was away for a minute...

Some info on the contract is starting to break free.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...ntract-details

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Now that's funny because Buff signed Dwan Edwards who did squat up there after leaving the nest. Let's see how Kruger does w/o Ray and Suggs around him but I expect PAGS to make a run for Kruger in Indy if Jimmy agrees to pay for him. Indy goes for a lot of lower tier FAs like Ziggy.

Kruger might even make more in Buff than he's asking now-lol.
    Fun fact, after being cut by Buffalo, Dwan went to Carolina where he had a VERY good year (top 5 in sacks among DTs), so he's looking to get a big pay raise on the 1.5 Mil he made this year.

EDIT: More info...Swan had 6 sacks this year. In his previous years TOTAL, he had 5.5 sacks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fter-fun-2012/
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 03-02-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    A rumor is flying around that Ellerbe is looking for 50 over 6 years. Not sure if its true or not.
    If someone is willing to give him that kind of money then god bless and goodbye.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Fun fact, after being cut by Buffalo, Dwan went to Carolina where he had a VERY good year (top 5 in sacks among DTs), so he's looking to get a big pay raise on the 1.5 Mil he made this year.

EDIT: More info...Swan had 6 sacks this year. In his previous years TOTAL, he had 5.5 sacks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fter-fun-2012/

WOW - Maybe Phil Savage was right at the Barn when he said give Swan a chance. Like Earl Weaver always said, I gave him more chances than my ex- wife.

Swan actually worked out at Cal's place playing basketball with him in the off season as part of his training. He said Cal had quite a gym with hot tub (not to mention the olympic size pool outside the gym)and enough basektball uniforms for everyone - all sizes - a complete room of jerseys and shorts-lol.

I guess that's what Joe will be building-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 03-02-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Thanks to your reply, I notice now...I fat fingered and typed SWAN, not Dwan.

oops.

Great behind the scenes stories as per usual!
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!