Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The agent said it's not done until it's signed. Ravens agreed to the terms we put forth but it's not signed yet according to the agent. Aaron is right as usual.

Ravens definitely caved in. Note the phrase above, Ravens agreed to the terms we put forth.
    Also note that the phrase is being uttered by the player's agent, who has a vested interest in portraying this as a complete victory for his client.

Probably best to wait for the details of the contract to be released before making definitive statemnts like "the Ravens caved"

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    People forget this is Ozzie's MO. He simply pays highly for the star players on the team. He did the same thing with a number of Ravens, making them the highest paid at their position at the time. This is no different.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    What's different here, though, is that the player got signed without having to resort to first getting tagged. That's what surprised me.

Great news. Oz has a habit of paying top dollar to star players he drafted.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Also note that the phrase is being uttered by the player's agent, who has a vested interest in portraying this as a complete victory for his client.

Probably best to wait for the details of the contract to be released before making definitive statemnts like "the Ravens caved"
    Some of the details already say JOe's the highest paid player so if that's true Ravens "definitely caved in.''

5. Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

Who cares? We just won the Superbowl? That is what you play for, to win the game! If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have gotten there. The Ravens gambled and were probably happy to lose.

Blog Entries

Good point but if this isn't caving in, check out this story on nfl.com. This "block buster" deal will have all teams pissed at Ravens for raising the bar. After trying the re-structure so many QBs they will have to pay them more after this deal. Somewhere, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rogers are smiling as they anticipate more, not less money.

Thanks Joe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gers-matt-ryan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Good point but if this isn't caving in, check out this story on nfl.com. This "block buster" deal will have all teams pissed at Ravens for raising the bar. After trying the re-structure so many QBs they will have to pay them more after this deal. Somewhere, Matt Ryan and Aaron Rogers are smiling as they anticipate more, not less money.

Thanks Joe.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gers-matt-ryan
    If not Joe, Matt Ryan's contract would've pushed the envelope. This is just a combination of a new young crop of QBs getting their first FA deals and the contract numbers naturally rising.

As most analysts are saying, we'll need to see the details of the deal to really tell who "won". In any case, Ozzie knew he was going to be paying a fortune, and except for the few odd fans who somehow believed we should let Flacco walk and re-draft a QB, everyone else knew letting Joe go somewhere else isn't an option for a team that wants continued success.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Is it me or is Linta being low class with this whole "they agreed to our demands" stuff? When you get what you want be magnanimous. "Joe is a rare talent and he loves Baltimore. This is what we wanted all along. We are just glad it got done. Now we look forward to what we hope will be many successful years with the Ravens." Something like that. Shill for new clients backstage behind thr curtain. The next team you negotiate with will not want to be seen as your sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Is it me or is Linta being low class with this whole "they agreed to our demands" stuff? When you get what you want be magnanimous. "Joe is a rare talent and he loves Baltimore. This is what we wanted all along. We are just glad it got done. Now we look forward to what we hope will be many successful years with the Ravens." Something like that. Shill for new clients backstage behind thr curtain. The next team you negotiate with will not want to be seen as your sucker.
    He's an agent. It's the nature of the beast.

If your up for the most important contract of your life who do you want in your corner, Ned Flanders or Ari Gold?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If not Joe, Matt Ryan's contract would've pushed the envelope. This is just a combination of a new young crop of QBs getting their first FA deals and the contract numbers naturally rising.

As most analysts are saying, we'll need to see the details of the deal to really tell who "won". In any case, Ozzie knew he was going to be paying a fortune, and except for the few odd fans who somehow believed we should let Flacco walk and re-draft a QB, everyone else knew letting Joe go somewhere else isn't an option for a team that wants continued success.
    It was posted on here during the week that all the top QBs including Stafford with his $20.5M were reducing and guys
    like Ryan were waiting to see what Joe got. Not that they know, they will get more,not less. Ryan got to the POs too and beat Seattle before losing to SF so he had a great year.

11. Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

Like I said, two or three years and Flacco will be out of the top spot with Ryan, Rodgers and others looking to make more.

Quote Originally Posted by kronusthebonus View Post
    Like I said, two or three years and Flacco will be out of the top spot with Ryan, Rodgers and others looking to make more.
    I doubt that it'll even take 2 or 3 years. It could even happen this year, or next year at the latest.

As far as all the Linta comments (you know, I'm Joe Linta, right?)...

...they're comical. When the Ravens choose to play hard ball, it's just business. When an agent plays hard ball for his client, he's greedy, amateurish, etc. Yeah. Right.