Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Agrees To Deal, Will Sign on Monday

I don't think that the front office will take exception to Linta's comments. I think they understand the position he is in. The two sides have had a longstanding working relationship.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Times like these should really be appreciate by all Ravens fans.

To put this into perspective, think about how long it has been since a team like Kansas City has had such a homegrown QB?

Herm Edwards mentioned something on Mike and Mike in the Morning, and Greenberg assisted in clarifying it.

The last QB drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, to win a football game for the Kansas City Chiefs, was Todd Blackledge.

That was back in 1987. I was born in 1987.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Times like these should really be appreciate by all Ravens fans.

To put this into perspective, think about how long it has been since a team like Kansas City has had such a homegrown QB?

Herm Edwards mentioned something on Mike and Mike in the Morning, and Greenberg assisted in clarifying it.

The last QB drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs, to win a football game for the Kansas City Chiefs, was Todd Blackledge.

That was back in 1987. I was born in 1987.
    :word

We may disagree from time to time on process, but we all want the Ravens to continue to be able to field highly competitive teams for years to come. This is a great day.

Blog Entries

The thing people are missing is that all great QBs are overpaid, its going to be like that for a long time now. If this was 2000, I'd probably be OK without an elite QB, and just purely concentrate on RB, OL, and defense, but the reality is, you need a legit QB to compete with the big boys in todays league.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    hmm... I see what you mean, but I am not suggesting that they should extend a marginal player or such while under contract. For instance, I was hoping that they would extend Ray Rice (we can agree that he outperformed his rookie contract well into his second or third season).

My rationale is along the line that it will be less costly to extend a great player than sign a new contract under an ever-evolving marketplace.

We could strategically extend certain players so we wouldn't find ourselves in situations like we did a couple years ago when the contracts of three of four starting linebackers were expiring (Suggs was franchise-tagged, if I am not mistaken).
    Signing early breeds a sense of entitlement amongst the team. Player gets paid before he has fully earned it. Other players resent it or expect the same. The player is signed for below market and becomes unhappy when he feels he is underpaid. I use to believe like you that they should resign early but heard a segment on NFL network that it was one of the reasons the Cowboys were a mess for reasons I mentioned above. The longer you have a player before you sign him the more time it gives you to find out the player. Is it a player if you give them a big contract are they going to get lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Signing early breeds a sense of entitlement amongst the team. Player gets paid before he has fully earned it. Other players resent it or expect the same. The player is signed for below market and becomes unhappy when he feels he is underpaid. I use to believe like you that they should resign early but heard a segment on NFL network that it was one of the reasons the Cowboys were a mess for reasons I mentioned above. The longer you have a player before you sign him the more time it gives you to find out the player. Is it a player if you give them a big contract are they going to get lazy.
    Oh snap. I thought you were talking about Ngata. N/M.

So glad we got this deal done. Way to go Oz!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Some of the details already say JOe's the highest paid player so if that's true Ravens "definitely caved in.''
    Geez. Some of you will find reason to complain on a Sunny day. Who cares about the nuances. Just be happy the deal is done....or just stay miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Geez. Some of you will find reason to complain on a Sunny day. Who cares about the nuances. Just be happy the deal is done....or just stay miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post

We may disagree from time to time on process, but we all want the Ravens to continue to be able to field highly competitive teams for years to come. This is a great day.
    Well...it was a long battle, but at least you came to the surrender table with grace.

:)

I am not going to other sites for news for a few days. People who don't understand the salary cap think the Ravens hancuffed themselves under the cap this year with this deal rather than made life a lot easier. People act like the overall contract number means anything more than splashy headlines. Its all about signing bonuses, guaranteed money and the structure in the first three years. If Flacco gets $60 million guaranteed, it puts him on par with Brady, Brees and Manning which is where he should be as a franchise QB. If it is cap friendly then the Ravens will be in good shape for this year. A

The team I do not want to be this morning is the Falcons. They just had to let three veterans go and Joe set the bar pretty high. Matt Ryan is probably not going to want to be the QB that admits he is not worth as much as Joe Flacco.

Joe played out his rookie contract with no hold outs or complaints about if he should play. I wonder if Colin Kaepernick will do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    No need for Long, keep Mckinnie for a 2 year deal, he was better than Long anyway.
    bahhahahah.... wow rally? Jake Long struggled with injuries last year and Bryant played admirably for 4 gmes, but this is flat out ridiculous.