Blog Entries

Where does Bjoern Werner go?

Keep in mind, I'm not a big watcher of college football, I just pay attention to mock drafts once the season ends...

Bjoern Werner seems to have been a name for the top 5 picks up until around the Combine. Now, I've seen a few mocks where he falls all the way to late 20s.

I don't think he's a fit for our system, but for the draftniks out there, where do you see Werner going? Is he hype or substance?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Re: Where does Bjoern Werner go?

Berlin ? ... Bc

I would be totally shocked if he fell into the 20's. His Combine performance wasn't stellar, but that does nothing to diminish how incredible he shows up on tape. If anything, it will limit his draft stock to 4-3 teams as he's probably not a good fit as a 3-4 rush LB. But that's OK, because he could go as high as #2 overall to Jacksonville. I think his floor would be the Giants at #19.

Every year there are a few top-20 caliber talents that fall late into the 1st round. I don't think Werner's going to be one of them; the most likely candidates I see this year are Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree, and possibly Star Lotulelei (although not that late unless his heart condition is actually serious.)

Damontre Moore got a lot of bad buzz at the Combine not only for his miserably bad workouts, but also apparently he has off-the-field problems that weren't previously known. I think he's very talented, but he's not really a SPECIAL pass rusher. He doesn't really have an elite aspect to his game that the best pass rushers have (whether it's pure speed, explosive first step, strength, or incredible athleticism). He could definitely slide into the 20's.

Alec Ogletree has big-time character concerns that could scare teams off. Star Lotulelei has the heart condition. But the guy I really hope falls to the Ravens somehow is Jarvis Jones. He has a medical red flag and was rumored to not be much of a workout warrior, but he was the best defender in college football last year IMO. Great fit for our system as a rush OLB.

Blog Entries
    Werner didnt wow anyone at the combine, but he didnt really disappoint either. The proof is in the tape.

I dont see him falling out of the top 10 picks. The thing he really has going for him is that he is very effective against the run, IMO.

Cleveland might be a good spot. So would Philly.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I see Bjoern as a pure finese pass rusher, he will get to the QB if the OT misses him, but once he gets blocked its game over. Not sure if anyone else seen that, but thats what I've seen of him in college. He's still one of the best in this class though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I see Bjoern as a pure finese pass rusher, he will get to the QB if the OT misses him, but once he gets blocked its game over. Not sure if anyone else seen that, but thats what I've seen of him in college. He's still one of the best in this class though.
    I would say watch some other games.

I watch a lot of ACC games and Werner isnt a finesse guy at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I actually saw a mock today where Werner went middle of Round 2. If he were a better fit for our system, would seem to be a great value pick...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

You know guys, I see a lot of Paul Kruger in Werner. I don't think he can ever be your preimium pass rusher from the right DE/right rush LB spot. I think like Kruger, he can be a solid player on the left side of the Dline, and get you 8-10 sacks a year. He will probably go late in the first to middle of the 2nd. I think like Moore, this guy for whatever reason was being way too rated during the season. I think his Florida state team mate Carradine is going to go higher.