Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bart Scott

1. Bart Scott

The Jets cut Bart Scott the other day.

Given his age, performance last year, recent injuries, etc., what do you all think the market for him is?

Is he the type of guy we could sign for less than Ellerbe if we can't meet Ellerbe's asking price for cap reasons who could line up beside a young draft pick at inside linebacker in the 3-4 and teach the Ravens way? Or is he still going to get a big contract that'll be beyond what we'd be able to spend?

I have trouble getting a gauge on whether he's still consider a big name guy who'll get a big deal, or the type we can bring in for $2m or under who many teams will consider washed up, but who we think we can get a year or two out of cheaply and provide veteran leadership and continuity for our new players on defense with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed likely departing.

Just wondering what you guys think. I honestly have no idea how other teams will perceive him or what kind of offers he will get.

Blog Entries

Re: Bart Scott

I think he's out of football next year or playing for the veteran minimum at best, with the odds favouring the former.

He's lost more than a step, and he doesn't have Lewis's leadership abilities or his football acumen.

Blog Entries

If Rex Ryan gave up on Bart Scott...just can't see him catching on elsewhere.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries
    I'd rather start McClellan Bynes or Carr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think Bart has much market value, so expect him to take a deal close to vet minimum or retire.

If Ellerbe is not reasonably priced, I'd look at Bart, but also look at what the draft can bring. I would rather have some combination of Leach, Scott, Kruger, a rookie LB & McClain than keeping Ellerbe while losing Leach & Kruger.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

He should have stayed with the Ravens, instead he took a big payday and fizzled out after 3 or 4 years. His playing ability dwindled and there is no way the Ravens bring him in after barts parting shots at the Ravens team. Another player the Raven defense made look good. Him and rex were made for one another.

No thanks!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

If Kruger gets $9-10 million per he is gone, he is worth a bit more than half of that. Without Suggs and him in there we were terrible against the run and Kruger had 1.5 sacks. He got his sacks after Suggs returned and that is when the run defense got better. Kruger is a situational pass rusher and is less important than Ellerbe and Ed Reed.

Scott has a big old fork sticking out of him, he is done.

Oh, the pains of being the new guy. :)

Pretty much discussed ad nauseum here and the overwhelming consensus was "no thanks".

Jets cut him partly for salary. I suspect his attitude soured as the team went south.
    might be worth a tryout but wouldn't invest too much, and wouldn't bother at all if Ozzie has enough young guys, and they frequently find UDFA linebackers (JamMac, Ellerbe, Scott himself).
    He did a good job for us while here; he got paid so I shed no tears for him.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries
    Harbs could show up at his house on the eve of free agency ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That ship saiied a while ago.