Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: After extensive analysis.....

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post

This difficult schedule thing could not be further from the truth. Have you looked at LSU's schedule?

The SEC was not head and shoulders better than the rest of the country. Alabama with months to prepare is going to smoke just about any team in CFB.

LSU schedule:
    North Texas
    Washington
    Idaho
    Auburn - Terrible this past year
    Towson - close game for 3 quarters
    Florida - almost lost to a 1aa team and smoked by Louisville of the might Big East in a bowl game
    South Carolina - Good team but squeaked by Michigan in a bowl game. Tight game with Clemson
    Texas A&M - Essentially a Big 12 team that was playing its first season in the SEC. Never won the big 12.
    Alabama - Best team in CFB
    Miss St - Smoked by Northwestern in a bowl game. Lost to every good SEC on schedule. A ton of of out of conference patsies
    Ole Miss - Smoked by Texas. Lost to every good SEC and Vandy
    Ark - Train wreck and lost to Rutgers
    Clemson - Lost to Clemson in the bowl game.

Your thoughts on Stanford really show how little you watch these teams. Stanford did not lose loads of talent. They lost Andrew Luck. They have a great Oline and some really good players on defense. They are in a lot of preseason top 5s for next year.

ND had one of the hardest schedules at the beginning of the year. USC was pre season #1. Mich and MSU were in the top 20. Oklahoma was a top 10 team when they beat them. They did not play any 1aa schools or small directional schools. From start to finish their schedule was higher quality than LSU. They lost some of the top end schools as USC, OK and Mich under performed. There was no North Texas, Idaho or Towson on ND's schedule. Didn't LSU get smoked in the NC against Saban last year when he had time to prepare but beat them in the regular season?

Each SEC team usually has 3 very hard in conference games on their schedule. They go out of their way to make the out of conference schedule easy to compensate. People see a couple of their high profile games against Alabama or A&M and think their schedule is so difficult when in reality it is not all that much more difficult.
    Great post.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

What do you all think of this Corey Chavous character? Asking b/c was surprised that he has Ogletree rated so low...

http://www.draftnasty.com/football/p...t=LB&year=2013

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    What do you all think of this Corey Chavous character? Asking b/c was surprised that he has Ogletree rated so low...

I think what is even more strange is having Jamie Collins rated above Ogletree, Te'o, and Minter.

Collins is athletic, but has yet to really put it all together.

Just like anything, some guys have players they like and don't want to move from that position. How many other sites/pundits have Demetrius Hartsfield as a 4th rounder? Hardly any. Hartsfield will be lucky to get drafted.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    "Like Te'o, Minter is stronger at the point of attack", as in, compared to Kevin Ogletree.
    I would hope so. Kevin Ogletree is a WR for the Cowboys. I think you mean Alec.

Blog Entries

Yeah when you lose five offensive players in the NFL, thats clearly NOT a lot of talent, :grbac:. Four of those players went in the first round, one went with the second pick in the second round. I'm not talking about next season, I was talking about this season. They had a pretty good year, but they still lost a great quarter back and a very good surrounding cast.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    This difficult schedule thing could not be further from the truth. Have you looked at LSU's schedule?

The SEC was not head and shoulders better than the rest of the country. Alabama with months to prepare is going to smoke just about any team in CFB.

LSU schedule:
    North Texas
    Washington
    Idaho
    Auburn - Terrible this past year
    Towson - close game for 3 quarters
    Florida - almost lost to a 1aa team and smoked by Louisville of the might Big East in a bowl game
    South Carolina - Good team but squeaked by Michigan in a bowl game. Tight game with Clemson
    Texas A&M - Essentially a Big 12 team that was playing its first season in the SEC. Never won the big 12.
    Alabama - Best team in CFB
    Miss St - Smoked by Northwestern in a bowl game. Lost to every good SEC on schedule. A ton of of out of conference patsies
    Ole Miss - Smoked by Texas. Lost to every good SEC and Vandy
    Ark - Train wreck and lost to Rutgers
    Clemson - Lost to Clemson in the bowl game.

Your thoughts on Stanford really show how little you watch these teams. Stanford did not lose loads of talent. They lost Andrew Luck. They have a great Oline and some really good players on defense. They are in a lot of preseason top 5s for next year.

ND had one of the hardest schedules at the beginning of the year. USC was pre season #1. Mich and MSU were in the top 20. Oklahoma was a top 10 team when they beat them. They did not play any 1aa schools or small directional schools. From start to finish their schedule was higher quality than LSU. They lost some of the top end schools as USC, OK and Mich under performed. There was no North Texas, Idaho or Towson on ND's schedule. Didn't LSU get smoked in the NC against Saban last year when he had time to prepare but beat them in the regular season?

Each SEC team usually has 3 very hard in conference games on their schedule. They go out of their way to make the out of conference schedule easy to compensate. People see a couple of their high profile games against Alabama or A&M and think their schedule is so difficult when in reality it is not all that much more difficult.
    I'm sorry dude, but I cannot debate Te'o with a ND fan. I don't think he has the mental capacity for the NFL, and he looked well out of shape at the combine when he had more than enough time to prepare for it.

Yeah when you lose five offensive players in the NFL, thats clearly NOT a lot of talent, . Four of those players went in the first round, one went with the second pick in the second round. I'm not talking about next season, I was talking about this season. They had a pretty good year, but they still lost a great quarter back and a very good surrounding cast.

Clearly you do not watch much college football. Schools have to replace starters every year. If you followed football closely you would know that Stanford had a top front 7 coming back this year. You would also realize that they have recruited and developed Oline players and were able to replace Martin and Decastro. The wild card was QB and they got surprising play from a RS soph similar to A&M. How is beating Oregon, UCLA twice and USC overrated? Stanford was Pre season top 15 and played slightly above that level. That is overrated? :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm sorry dude, but I cannot debate Te'o with a ND fan. I don't think he has the mental capacity for the NFL, and he looked well out of shape at the combine when he had more than enough time to prepare for it.
    I have never advocated drafting Teo in the first round. I am not a fan of drafting an ILB in the first round. There are a lot of players at other positions I would prefer. I was just pointing out that your ridiculous comment about the strength of schedule of LSU was wrong. I don't agree with ignoring three years of tape because of combine performance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post

That's the Draft Nasty guy Charles Davis and Mike Mayock were talking about at the combine!!

As for him having Ogletree rated so low, obviously, I agree with it. He's the guy who, if you try to put him in that ILB spot and give him the responsibilities of what that spot details, you are going to be the most frustrated with. Effort is a question, he does not play like a Raven. Blockers are going to have their way with him. Again, I think he can be coached out of the playing high, but he just doesn't seem to want to bother with blockers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I would hope so. Kevin Ogletree is a WR for the Cowboys. I think you mean Alec.
    Aw hell, I sure do, will edit.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That guy as Damontre Moore dropping to the second? I'd cry in joy if that happened and we drafted him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    That guy as Damontre Moore dropping to the second? I'd cry in joy if that happened and we drafted him.
    I don't see Moore dropping. I'm sure you don't either.

Moore had a bad combine outing. It happens.

Just like Suggs, the tape speaks volumes and Moore is a good pass rusher. I'd be ecstatic if he dropped.