Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 73 to 84 of 84
  1. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: After extensive analysis.....



    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    He had IMO a far better this year than he did last year, minus one game which apparently overrules everything he's done in the rest of his career.

    His coverage greatly improved, so I think it can improve even more under nfl level coaching.
    Lets just forget about the fact that he looked bad against NFL level talent on the Oline, and missed several tackles on a future NFL RB.




  2. #74

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Random Thoughts View Post
    JAB,

    What did you mean by "top heavy"? Notre Dame had top 5 toughest schedule... if not, the toughest schedule by some pundits...

    As for USC sucked... sure, they didn't live up the preseason hype, but they didnt suck... the talents were there, but the coaching wasn't (I still wonder how did Lance Kiffin get the job)....
    ND had a crazy hard preseason schedule as they were scheduled to face 4 Top 10 teams. As the season played out all 4 of those teams did not live up to expectations. Those teams being USC, OK, Mich and MSU. Stanford ended up as their best win and they were fringe top 10 at the end of the season.




  3. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Lets just forget about the fact that he looked bad against NFL level talent on the Oline, and missed several tackles on a future NFL RB.
    well in that case all the top inside linebackers so go Undrafted then shouldn't they.....




  4. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't see how I'm wrong about Te'o, there is a long way to go before there can be a correct conclusion on him. Flacco I've been wrong on but it was only really minor, and my comments were widely misunderstood and even though I've tried to tell you that, you still can't get it in you're head that I never thought Joe was average or bad, and I actually went on record saying that Joe can win a SB with the right pieces around him, I said he deserves an Eli Manning deal back then, now I think he should be one of the best paid QBs in the league.

    Now what else have I been completely wrong on? Or are you just going to lurk around here and wait for every single comment I make that you disagree with to pop up and flame me.
    by teo I meant the level of comp which you admitted a page back you were wrong after making the outlandish comment.

    And for the record I rarely comment back on anything you say, only in these sort of circumstances when you make foolish comments.

    I'd prefer to respond to People I actually think know what they are talking about and absorb their knowledge because I'm far from a genius. You'd steer me the wrong direction




  5. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    I could see where Arnie would think that Brown could be the best of the lot, when it's all said and done. He needs to find the right team though.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  6. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    What linebackers are coming out next year that right now, would be considered the top level?

    Obviously there is Mosley, aj Johnson who I know nothing about, then there's andrew Jackson but he's probably to big for what we want to do.

    So realistically right now, there is no better options next year either.




  7. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    To be honest, I think we're getting carried away with this need for coverage LBs. The key to this defense being great is stopping the run and making team one dimensional. Very few teams can do that anymore. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are two teams that have traditionally held up and, for years, neither of them have had good coverage ILBs. Outside of some zone. They do just fine.

    It will be far more difficult for a QB to accurately TE you to death, with the offense the Ravens are putting together, than if you allow them to gash you up the middle first. Teams want to run the read option on you? Set the edge and eat up blockers in the trenches, they'll have to throw.

    Few teams will be able to throw with this offense.

    That's just like when the uber-athletic TEs started a wave. Everyone felt their team had to have one. We are doing just fine with Dennis Pitta.

    I don't think Ravens fans are immune to wanting the new style.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  8. #80

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    To be honest, I think we're getting carried away with this need for coverage LBs. The key to this defense being great is stopping the run and making team one dimensional. Very few teams can do that anymore. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are two teams that have traditionally held up and, for years, neither of them have had good coverage ILBs. Outside of some zone. They do just fine.

    It will be far more difficult for a QB to accurately TE you to death, with the offense the Ravens are putting together, than if you allow them to gash you up the middle first. Teams want to run the read option on you? Set the edge and eat up blockers in the trenches, they'll have to throw.

    Few teams will be able to throw with this offense.

    That's just like when the uber-athletic TEs started a wave. Everyone felt their team had to have one. We are doing just fine with Dennis Pitta.

    I don't think Ravens fans are immune to wanting the new style.
    I actually the need for LB's that can cover is underrated. We are gonna see more and more read option in the NFL, more uptempo and no huddle, and we are gonna see more teams attack the middle of the field and intermediately with multiple TE's, slot WR's, etc. I think it's something that teams will be mindful of, including the Ravens, imo the Nickel LB will be more important then it's ever been.




  9. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I actually the need for LB's that can cover is underrated. We are gonna see more and more read option in the NFL, more uptempo and no huddle, and we are gonna see more teams attack the middle of the field and intermediately with multiple TE's, slot WR's, etc. I think it's something that teams will be mindful of, including the Ravens, imo the Nickel LB will be more important then it's ever been.
    exactly why I inflate Arthur browns status to the number one linebacker and am very high on Greene. These two are by far and away the best coverage guys and that extra ability out shadows there worse run defending ability when compared to players like teo and minter. They are the opposite, better against the run may struggle against the pass.

    Especially with ellerbe we need the former type of player, a Greene or a brown.




  10. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    To be honest, I think we're getting carried away with this need for coverage LBs. The key to this defense being great is stopping the run and making team one dimensional. Very few teams can do that anymore. Pittsburgh and Baltimore are two teams that have traditionally held up and, for years, neither of them have had good coverage ILBs. Outside of some zone. They do just fine.


    .
    Timmons is one of the best pass defending LB's in football


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  11. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Northern Ireland, UK
    Posts
    2,690

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Timmons is one of the best pass defending LB's in football


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    yea he is and solid enough against the run as well, much like I think Arthur brown will be. Serviceable in the run and then one of the best coverage ilbs




  12. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,072
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After extensive analysis.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Timmons is one of the best pass defending LB's in football


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    True.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland