Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Complete Smoking ban at M&T/OPACY

On the one hand I feel for smokers. One of my buddies that goes to games still smokes. On the other hand, the smell of smoke is getting worse and worse, probably because its becoming more and more infrequent. I am okay with this.

I quit smoking years ago but i think telling somebody they can't smoke out of doors is frickin commie and unamerican.

Now STFU and give me my second hand hot dog!
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Sweet! No ban on electronic cigarettes/vaporizers!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Lmao on everyone completely for limiting freedoms. I am all for putting in smoking sections and not allowing it just free reign. That I can agree with. But not allowing it PERIOD is rediculous.

Someone joked about coming after your fatties hotdogs. but how about beer? How about they limit the amount of beers you can buy? Just saying. They already cut it off after the third quarter, but what about if they decided to end it at halftime, to give people "more" time to "sober" up before driving? How many people are killed by drunk drivers leaving a football game versus dying from the 10 seconds of second hand smoke in the stadium?

I know I know rediculous connection right? Just wait until they start infringing on YOUR personal freedoms or something YOU want to do. Personally I think you fatties who feel the need to take off your clothes when drunk is really offensive, or you clowns who wear those tight ass spandex and offend everyone around you. I bet everone will be signing a different tune.

edit: really though I can just adapt and overcome. Just like noise and light discipline. I'll throw in a chew and spit tobacco all over where you have to walk. Enjoy that one ladies.

It's a business. You don't have to like how they decide to run things, but it's still a private enterprise and you can take your money elsewhere. No one is infringing on anyone's freedoms.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I am a smoker, but not much of a drinker.

How is someone breathing second hand smoke any different or worse than being on the road with drunken assholes behind the wheel of a 3,000 pound vehicle? You would rather get on the roads with some dumb shit who drank 8 beers during the game and tail gated (more drinking) all day than have to walk through a cloud of smoke?

That makes a shit load of sense.

Maybe they will just make smokes illegal period then all you non smokers will have to pony up even more money in taxes to make up for the 2.00 a pack the state of Md misses out on.

EVERYTHING in this day and age can cause some health risk or another. The dyes they use in candy, breakfast cereal, and soft drinks cause cancer, and other health risks in children.

http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2010/0.../#.USw_BjDH7sc

"The food industry dumps over 15 million pounds of the dyes studied into the food supply each year. Three of the dyes carry known carcinogens, and 4 can cause serious allergic reactions in some consumers. New studies show that seven of them contributed to cancer in lab animals, including brain and testicular tumors, colon cancer, and mutations."

So your kids (or you) ate a bowl of fruit loops for breakfast (cancer) had some Kool Aid with lunch (cancer) had a popcicle (more cancer) in the mid August heat maybe drank some Gatorade (more cancer) but you are worried about my second hand smoke?

Federal and State Governments make BILLIONS on the taxes smoker pay. They don't really want you to quit and you non smokers sure as shit don't want us to quit either. They would start digging into your pockets as soon as the last smoker quit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/we...saul.html?_r=0

"The National Conference of State Legislatures reported last month that states were facing combined budget deficits of more than $40 billion in 2009. Raising cigarette taxes is one way some states are trying to make up the shortfall. In 2007, states collected more than $19 billion in cigarette taxes, and Maryland, which doubled its tax to $2 in January was one of 10 states that voted last year to increase those collections. More states are considering cigarette tax increases this year.

The federal government, meantime, collects nearly $7 billion annually in cigarette excise taxes and would have raised those taxes, effective this year, but for the presidential veto of the S-chip legislation, which House Democrats have said is near the top of their agenda for next year."

Again, what do decisions made by a privately owned business have to do with the government?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lmao on everyone completely for limiting freedoms. I am all for putting in smoking sections and not allowing it just free reign. That I can agree with. But not allowing it PERIOD is rediculous.

Someone joked about coming after your fatties hotdogs. but how about beer? How about they limit the amount of beers you can buy? Just saying. They already cut it off after the third quarter, but what about if they decided to end it at halftime, to give people "more" time to "sober" up before driving? How many people are killed by drunk drivers leaving a football game versus dying from the 10 seconds of second hand smoke in the stadium?

I know I know rediculous connection right? Just wait until they start infringing on YOUR personal freedoms or something YOU want to do. Personally I think you fatties who feel the need to take off your clothes when drunk is really offensive, or you clowns who wear those tight ass spandex and offend everyone around you. I bet everone will be signing a different tune.

edit: really though I can just adapt and overcome. Just like noise and light discipline. I'll throw in a chew and spit tobacco all over where you have to walk. Enjoy that one ladies.
    Cereally? Are you cereal about this? Yes, I believe you are cereal. Coco Puffs, namely.

I am searching the Constitution right now to find the amendment that protects the freedom to smoke in public. Someone help me here???

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Again, what do decisions made by a privately owned business have to do with the government?
    Just goes to the treatment of smokers in general.

All the non smokers want to bitch about the "smell" or having to walk through second hand smoke and they are now doomed to cancer in 5 years. Bullshit, the stuff they eat and drink or scrub their toilets with has just as much chance to give them cancer as breathing 15 seconds of my smoke does.

If us smokers didn't pay all those taxes you can bet your ass the Government would get that money another way. Want to pay another 4 dollars for that 12 pack of beer? How about another 5 bucks for that bottle of wine? Maybe another 50 cents per gallon of gas?

The non smokers may not approve or our "dirty" habit but they sure as shit hope we don't ever quit.

Straight from the Ravens 2012 Fan Guide................

Bacardi zone
    The Bacardi Zone is located on the lower
    level concourse near Section 128 . This
    bar features Bacardi products and multiple
    televisions to watch pre-game NFL
    programming for groups of approximately
    60 people . Each guest receives a
    premium game ticket, Ravens hat, an allyou-can-eat catered menu and all-youcan-drink Coca-Cola, domestic beer and
    Bacardi products beginning 2 1/2 hours
    prior to kickoff . For more information on
    the Bacardi Zone, please call 410-261-
    RAVE (7283) . The Bacardi Zone is open
    to all fans beginning 30 minutes prior to
    kickoff .
    Bud light Bar
    The Bud Light Bar is located on the
    lower level concourse near Section 134 .
    This bar features Budweiser products
    and multiple televisions to watch pregame NFL programming for groups of
    approximately 30 people . Each guest
    receives a premium game ticket, Ravens
    hat, an all you-can-eat catered menu and
    all-you can- drink Coca-Cola, domestic
    beer and Bud products beginning 2
    1/2 hours prior to kickoff . For more
    information on the Bud Light Bar, please
    call 410-261-RAVE (7283) . The Bud
    Light Bar is open to all fans beginning 30
    minutes prior to kickoff

So they don't want anyone smoking but they are willing to cater to alcoholics and contribute to drunken driving (far worse than second hand smoke). Not to mention the millions of pounds of unhealthy food the stadium serves up every season, as if obesity is not a national health crisis as well.

Yes the stadium(s) can do as they wish in regards to people smoking. I wish people in general would stop treating us like lepers. My second hand smoke is no more a health hazard than the 20 gallons of beer the average American drinks per year. The Gatorade and other sports drinks those "health nuts" drink by the gallon every day have just as much chance of causing cancer as my second hand smoke does.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    Cereally? Are you cereal about this? Yes, I believe you are cereal. Coco Puffs, namely.

I am searching the Constitution right now to find the amendment that protects the freedom to smoke in public. Someone help me here???
    It is in the section that protects the rights of alcoholics to drink in public.

Make fun if you wish about cereal. It is a proven fact that links the dyes used in foods to cancer causing agents. Whats more likely to give a non smoker cancer, the 30 seconds of second hand smoke or the 800 bowls of artificially colored cereal they ate?

Blog Entries

Anybody that still smokes should get into ecigs. Try myvaporstore.com or madvapes.com. vapor is way safer than smoke and you still get your nicotine. I smoked for 15 years. I been on the vapor for the last year and feel so much better. You can hit those things right in the stands too without bothering anybody.

Blog Entries

I wonder if this will affect all the people that smoke weed on the ramps.