Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Scratch Jake Long off the wish list

According to PFT he agreed to terms with the Rams.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rms-with-rams/

Blog Entries

Re: Scratch Jake Long off the wish list

We didn't seem interested at all anyway, maybe now that Longs been signed it will give now allow McKinnie and the Ravens to negotiate something.

$8.5M a year, so much for 11 a year.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We didn't seem interested at all anyway, maybe now that Longs been signed it will give now allow McKinnie and the Ravens to negotiate something.

I agree. Fortunately he didn't set the bar too high, so now maybe things can move along with BMac, assuming money is the only obstacle. Now that Bushrod and Long are gone, I don't know of any other F/A's that would really fit the bill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensRule21215 View Post
    I agree. Fortunately he didn't set the bar too high, so now maybe things can move along with BMac, assuming money is the only obstacle. Now that Bushrod and Long are gone, I don't know of any other F/A's that would really fit the bill.
    There are still some other interesting options like Volmer, and Max Starks, but I'm not sure if they are on the Ravens radar. Of course Harbaugh would insist on playing Oher at LT if we signed Volmer :grbac:.

If we do intend to keep Oher at LT, we're going to have to sign a RT like a Andre Smith or a Eric Winston IMO, unless we plan on drafting a DJ Fluker (who has been in for a private workout).

There are still some other interesting options like Volmer, and Max Starks, but I'm not sure if they are on the Ravens radar. Of course Harbaugh would insist on playing Oher at LT if we signed Volmer :grbac:.

If we do intend to keep Oher at LT, we're going to have to sign a RT like a Andre Smith or a Eric Winston IMO, unless we plan on drafting a DJ Fluker (who has been in for a private workout).
    I think Vollmer would be a better signing personally. Vollmer started at LT for the Pats a few times and rated pretty decently doing it. Right now though I would put pretty heavy odds against the Ravens signing any of those guys (Winston, Smith or Vollmer).

If the their was a component of Pollard's attitude that lead to the Ravens letting him go then I seriously doubt they would bring back McKinnie unless for dirt cheap. Vollmer though is an interesting guy.

McKinnie would be a bridge to someone, likely a draft pick, being groomed for the position. Max Starks is a guy who could potentially fill that role also. Last but not least they could also just go with Oher, start whomever they draft at G or RT like they did Ogden and start KO at RT/G.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That's what this whole delay has been about. Long wanted his number and it was clear that no one was going to give it to him. He's not been very good the past 2 seasons. He's solid but you don't crush your cap for a solid player. No way Ozzie was going to be interested in a player like that.

Moving Vollmer to LT or bringing back BMac seem like the best options at this point. We'll just have to wait and see. Personally, I think the Bears won out big time with Bushrod, but that's water under the bridge now.

Blog Entries

Excel is probably pissed. lol

We were never signing Long.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I had been wondering if that's what all these moves were gearing towards --clearing space to bring a solid LT like Long. Oh well. Looks like our best bet is to go back to BMac and see if his demands are at least somewhat reasonable. I think Vollmer is a pipe dream at this point.

Shefter reported the Steelers made a late run at him

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Shefter reported the Steelers made a late run at him

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't see how they have the cap space to make a run at anybody in that price range.

Blog Entries

McKinnie will likely end up at about $5M a year on a 3 year deal (15M) , with the cap hit pushed out possibly. Does that sound about right? I don't see the Ravens paying him more or frankly, any other team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!