Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens met with Florida State OT - Menelik Watson from England

Our pals across the pond will love this guy from England but he sounds like a project to me whichis why he would probably be there at bottom of 1st round. He has only played 20 games of football
    after playing college basketball at Marist.

He has great size at 6'6 and 320 lbs and only allowed 1 sack at Fla St last year but Ravens have met with him so they seem interested. I just don't know about taking a project so high but they did it with Kruger on the 2d round so they might here too. Like Ngata, he played rugby. Sounds like a tough sob-lol.

Anyone want him in the frist round? This is from our pal Aaron Wilson.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,3365151.story
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-24-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens met with Florida State OT - Menelik Watson from England

He wont go in the first round. I think he may even be there in the 2nd for us, and we may trade up in the 2nd to get him. I would love him in the 2nd round, I've watched his Florida games, and he only gave up one sack in 2012 playing RT, he is also a very physical run blocker. Would probably sit on the bench for a year and provide depth, then start at LT eventually.

When people talk about drafting a developmental LT this is the guy you want. I would love for the ravens to get him in the second. He doesn't have enough experience or production to warrant a 1st round pick, but we could also go after terron armstead. Both guys have great feet and are good pass protectors

Blog Entries

Thanks guys. Great posts and info. I'm just getting started on researching college players for the draft. I'm still giddy from the SB-lol. I don't watch college football so I'm depending on you guys for info. I hope you don't mind a PM from me once in a while with a question or two.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-24-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Thanks guys. Great posts and info. I'm just getting started on researching college players for the draft. I'm still giddy from
    the SB-lol. I don't watch college football so I'm depending on you guys for info. I hope you don't mind a PM from me once
    in a while with a question or two.

Thanks in advance.
    NP man, I'm a college football junky, watch it over here on ESPN, but have to pay extra for it on my TV package deal for the American channel haha. There are a lot of posters who know so much stuff about players in college so you are in the right place for sure.

Sounds intriguing ... as a 3rd rounder!

Good find, Trap.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Supposedly this guy didn't even like football or know much about it in the UK, he played rugby, and was pretty much forced into football when he moved over to the states. What an amazing story for this kid. There seems to be a lot of brits going over to play college ball, and some appear to be good enough for the pros now. I have a friend who plays at Boise state and may be someone to look out for in a few years, a 6'5 290 lbs DT/DE.

I know it is off-topic, but we have also met with WR Connor Vereen, from Duke. He looked great during drills and ran a respectable 40. I think we target a WR fairly early, and this would be a good to draft. Mayock loves him.

He sounds promising. You can't teach size and I've had a preference for huge left tackles after being spoiled by JO for years. If they get him I hope they keep McKinney for another year. If I recall correctly, Gaither was a 5th round pick and considered a project at the time. At least we got one good year out of him.

I meant Conner Vernon. Sounds like a promising wideout.

Gaither was a 5th rounder in the supplemental draft. He became academically ineligible and went into the supplemental. His work ethic and heart were questioned from the onset.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    NP man, I'm a college football junky, watch it over here on ESPN, but have to pay extra for it on my TV package deal for the American channel haha. There are a lot of posters who know so much stuff about players in college so you are in the right place for sure.
    I watch the bowl games but if I want 100 point games I watch basketball-lol. I like some defense.

And thanks for the comment T. This kid sounds like a beast. I wouldn't be surprised if Oz took him in the first if he doesn't want to trade up in the 2d round. This is where Oz excells and afterall, the bottom of the 1st round is really the same as the top of the 2d round. Oz could trade down to the 2d round and pick up an extra body like he as done ala Pitta and Dickson which worked out well. It would be nice to sit him on the bench as posted above so Mc Kinney could groom him at LT but Mac has trouble grooming himself so who knows?

Speaking of Gaither, I remember that Ozzie met with the Fridge in College Park and the Fridge warned him but said he'll be a steal if he gets his work ethics together.

He's still playing in SD and played vs us.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 02-24-2013 at 08:09 PM.