Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: What are our chances of repeating as SB champs?

Lets make the playoffs first. :)
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    The teams are more equal than in the pre-cap 90s. That makes repeating very difficult. GB thought they were going
    back with Aaron Rogers. That was a great team. Saints thought they were going back with Brees. That was a great
    team.

The SB 35 Champs thought they were going back with Ray. That was a great team with one of the best defenses in
    history but Jamal went down first week of camp.
    Yea but those teams weren't nearly as consistent as ours. Flacco lives in the playoffs. He's never not been to the divisional round of the playoffs...that's ridiculous. Why should next year be any different? Who will be a realstic challenge to us for the AFC crown? Pats? No we have their number. Steelers? They're currently third best team in the AFC North. Bengals? Dalton isn't beating us in the playoffs. Denver with Peyton? Yea I could see them getting revenge next year. Colts? Maybe but I still think they're a couple of years away from posing any threats. Texans are a toss up but they could beat us too. So there's two maybe three teams standing in our way of going back to the SB? I like our chances.

Blog Entries

Because next year JOe, Lord forbid, might get hurt or Rice or someone else like when Jamal went down in 01. That killed Ravens chances for a repeat after Ozzie rolled the dice. He lost and then gutted the team. We're gonna have to get by NE again and Pissburgh always gives us a hard time even with a 3rd string QB.

Another thing is Ravens might be complacent like they were in 01. Shannan Sharpe said we still should have gone to SB 36 even with Jamal out but the team lost
    it's swagger. There were some early losses that just shouldn't have been. That team lost it's hunger. Then it was gutted. We'll have to wait to see how hungry
    Ravens are. Suggs recently said they got going after Ray announced his retirement. They wanted to send Ray out a champ. So what would have happened if Ray didn't retire? We would have been one and done?

Like I said, there's a million things.

Well if any team loses their starting QB they're done so lets predict next seasons success under the assumption that Flacco will be healthy. And please our 2001 team is a joke compared to this squad. Other than Ray who was God like during those times, our team is significantly better.

And I understand what Suggs said, but come on you think Flacco, Boldin, Rice, Suggs, and Webb won't bring the swaggers. And if we resign Reed I'm not worried about our swagger. If Reed comes back he'll have this team ready come playoff times.

I really want us to resign Kruger too because I think he still has something to prove. Hopefully he realizes that Baltimore is his best fit.