Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    1/32 = 3.125%
    :word

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: What are our chances of repeating as SB champs?

Pees and Caldwell get to put together their own ideas after having a tough SB year where injuries and assessing people took place. Flacco hopefully gets the same receivers to work with again. New players and 2nd year players buy into Ravens football and realize that John Harbaugh and Ravens organization is one of the best in the NFL. Playing hard and winning leads to big money and SB rings should motivate everyone. Last but not least, playing as a team results in wins which takes you to postseason.
    I think the Ravens have many more chances to win a SB again.

Blog Entries

Well, we are the only one with that chance. They will make the playoffs I think and thats the first goal.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    There have only been a few teams who have been able to accomplish the "repeat". We are losing some key veteran players in Lewis, Birk and possibly Reed. What are our chances of repeating. The following teams are the only ones to accomplish this. Are the Ravens poised for a repeat?

Packers
    Dolphins
    Steelers
    49er's
    Cowboys
    Patriots
    Broncos
    To put it into perspective as to the difficulty of repeating, only two of those teams - Denver and New England - have been able to repeat during the salary cap era. It's extremely difficult given the reality that teams lose key players every year simply because they cannot fit them under the cap.

The chances are difficult, because it's just very difficult to win a SB. We should make the playoffs, that much is near certain, and we'll have as good a chance as any other team because we have great players at the skill positions.

If they need to tag Flacco in any way, I don't think we make the playoffs at all.

However, if they can get Flacco signed with a decent cap number, bring back Ellerbe, draft well, I think there is a decent shot at another deep playoff run. I'm really excited to see what Flacco can do under Caldwell with a full offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    1/32 = 3.125%
    So you are saying that every team has the same potential for going all the way? So Cleveland and Detroit, Arizona and Miami are equal with perennial contenders. Mmmmm, no.

I'd put our odds at 15-1.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Could it happen: yes. But I don't see it as likely at this moment for the reasons already mentioned, mostly it's difficult to repeat in the salary cap era as well as we don't know who the team fielded will be. However, now that the players know what a Super Bowl victory feels like, and if they want o be in the same conversation of the Patriots, I can see the players doing everything they can to get back and win.

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens' chances are better than 1 in 32. While the NFL is characterized by how close the teams are in terms of talent, imo, there's a vast gulf between the abilities of the respective front offices and coaching staffs that is revealed in the general performance of the teams year-over-year. Well-run teams may have a down year from time-to-time. Poorly run teams have long periods of losing. The Bengals, Browns, Chiefs, Raiders, etc., are or have been examples of a poorly run team that stays mired in a culture of losing for lengthy periods.

The Ravens are among the better run teams in the NFL. It's reasonable for fans to expect them to be in the hunt for a playoff berth and a championship every single year.

I think the Ravens chances of repeating are better than the Orioles chances of finishing over .500. It's always difficult to repeat, but I have very little doubt that we make the playoffs again, with the possibility of a bye now that Cam is gone. All of this doom and gloom talk kills me. We are not purging the entire team. We are in better shape, cap wise, then about half the league.

It will be as much mental (desire and motivation) as physical (no key injuries), not to mention team chemistry (personnel combination). Everything fell in place this last year. It's really tough to repeat that combination again, much less another SB win. But that's what it takes.
    Guys won't want to admit it, but some are going to be satisfied having "gotten their ring."
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dark&Stormy View Post
    It will be as much mental (desire and motivation) as physical (no key injuries), not to mention team chemistry (personnel combination). Everything fell in place this last year. It's really tough to repeat that combination again, much less another SB win. But that's what it takes.
    Guys won't want to admit it, but some are going to be satisfied having "gotten their ring."
    That's where coaching comes in, and there is the old adage, that you get to the playoffs and anything can happen. Our regular season this year wasn't anything to write home about. I blame Cam for about 95% of that. We could have repeated after 2001, but we lost our entire offense, Jamaal Lewis, before the season started. We still made the playoffs with a QB that was about to quit and a scrap pile of running backs and wide receivers. I think this team has the potential to have a much better regular season than last year. That can build momentum that can lead to a nice playoff run. I think the firing of Cameron is one of the biggest cases of addition by subtraction in the history of sports.