Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: King Dunlop views on him?

The few games i saw i didnt really care for dunlap. Most eagles fans i know dont really care for the guy much amd quite frankly, sounds pretty similar to our fanbases thoughts on oher. I dont think he was really "better" than oher id say both are pretty much proving not to be NFL LTs. If its dunlop Oher or a rookie... Id take the rookie. Even inexperienced at this point i have to assume if we draft one in the first two rounds hell be better than either or atleast have more upside and be better with more experience. To me Dunlap is only an option if we lose out on drafting one we targeted early and hes still available after the draft for depth. Even then we may wait to see if a vet gets cut later.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Dunlop is going to be available latter on in free agency. He's not someone that any team will be in a rush to sign but he eventually will make a roster.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What happened to all those Clady predictions?
    he's getting tagged.

I think Dunlap is going to be one of the best value to price relationships.

He'll be 28 in September, McKinnie will be 34 just 2 weeks later. That matters less if we're talking about a 1-2 year deal, but the projected decline in even a full season of activity for McKinnie is non-trivial.

McKinnie and Dunlap have a lot of similarities, particularly in terms of height, and natural pass blocking advantages, while neither is an effective run blocker.

Assuming they were the same price, I'd take Dunlap first. I'm not sure how the market will value them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I think Dunlap is going to be one of the best value to price relationships.

He'll be 28 in September, McKinnie will be 34 just 2 weeks later. That matters less if we're talking about a 1-2 year deal, but the projected decline in even a full season of activity for McKinnie is non-trivial.

McKinnie and Dunlap have a lot of similarities, particularly in terms of height, and natural pass blocking advantages, while neither is an effective run blocker.

Assuming they were the same price, I'd take Dunlap first. I'm not sure how the market will value them.
    There are no questions that he's better than Oher at LT right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    he's getting tagged.
    I know. It's kind of a joke with Excellector and me. For months he was posting that Clady would be a Raven and I would always reply that there is no way the Broncos don't tag Clady. Looks like he finally agrees and has moved on to Long. Honestly I don't the Ravens able to sign any contracts of that size this year.

Blog Entries

What happened to all those Clady predictions?
    Denver said they'd tag Clady.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I'm not out of it yet Batman! Randy Moss is an UFA, the market will be full of LTs and no one else has drafted Tavon Austin or Mike Minter yet.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not out of it yet Batman! Randy Moss is an UFA, the market will be full of LTs and no one else has drafted Tavon Austin or Mike Minter yet.
    We've gone back and forth on things for probably 10 years now. I figure we're probably even over that time. Plus it's always fun to debate potential moves.

Blog Entries

We've gone back and forth on things for probably 10 years now. I figure we're probably even over that time. Plus it's always fun to debate potential moves.
    The Saga continues.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There are no questions that he's better than Oher at LT right?
    I score the Ravens games for linemen and look at PFF as an anchor site. For the great majority of games, PFF and my scoring are very close. For PFF, Oher's pass blocking score was considerably lower than Dunlap's, who accomplished that positive score in fewer snaps.

There are issues with Dunlap as a run blocker (as there are with Oher), but on the left side, we need a guy who can deliver some pressure shutouts, which Dunlap did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I score the Ravens games for linemen and look at PFF as an anchor site. For the great majority of games, PFF and my scoring are very close. For PFF, Oher's pass blocking score was considerably lower than Dunlap's, who accomplished that positive score in fewer snaps.

There are issues with Dunlap as a run blocker (as there are with Oher), but on the left side, we need a guy who can deliver some pressure shutouts, which Dunlap did.
    I would be good with them signing Dunlap (because he would be a decent stop-gap guy and would be cheap), but I would hope that they wouldn't sign him and then be in the same exact boat next off-season with the LT position.

Sign Dunlap.

Draft someone that has a legitimate shot at developing into a LT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.