Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: King Dunlop views on him?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Dunlop is no where near as good as Oher. He's completely stiff. Every chance the Eagles can to bench him they do. I wouldn't go near this guy.
    Agreed. I've watched the Eagles a lot over the past couple of years and I can tell you this guy is terrrible. The only thing that he has is size.

King Dunlap is terrible. He's an end of the bench guy. There is no way he is a better option than either McKinnie or Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, I'm calling it right now. Jake Long will be a Raven.
    In 2018?

Blog Entries

Don't understand why people think he's worse than Michael Oher at LT, you all have short memories.

I'd like to see what a change of scenery could do to the guy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Don't understand why people think he's worse than Michael Oher at LT, you all have short memories.
    Its not that hes worse, its that hes not really much of an improvement, if any. watching him play doesnt really impress in any fashion. Hes a marginally better pass blocker and worse run blocker. The stats that are barely better than Oher, seem to match the tape. Hes pretty much the same player. I dont know about you, but i dont want an "Oher" at LT and RT. Id rather go with somebody with a little more to offer even if that means some growing pains with a rookie or short term with an aged vet. I see Dunlap as strictly a last resort, but ill admit, a decent one as opposed to moving KO and others and losing depth.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its not that hes worse, its that hes not really much of an improvement, if any. watching him play doesnt really impress in any fashion. Hes a marginally better pass blocker and worse run blocker. The stats that are barely better than Oher, seem to match the tape. Hes pretty much the same player. I dont know about you, but i dont want an "Oher" at LT and RT. Id rather go with somebody with a little more to offer even if that means some growing pains with a rookie or short term with an aged vet. I see Dunlap as strictly a last resort, but ill admit, a decent one as opposed to moving KO and others and losing depth.
    At worst, Dunlap would be good depth. Which is something that we kind of lack right now at both RT and LT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

agreed... Oher is MISERABLE at LT... flat out Miserable. If I'm not mistaken, Arizona's 2 OT's graded out worse, and only 1 more Tackle in the entire league, left or right graded worse then Oher this past year at LT. There is NO chance he gets better, and IMO, if he continues his trend he will actually get worse, as his play has steadily declined since his rookie year. I really hope this is his last year in purple. He is NOT deserving of the contract he will receive.

Blog Entries

Go ask an Eagles fan what they think of Dunlop. We've seen a lot of Oher. They've seen a lot of the King. Both fanbases want nothing to do with those players at Left Tackle for their teams.

Would rather have him at LT than Michael Oher.
    :word
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Go ask an Eagles fan what they think of Dunlop. We've seen a lot of Oher. They've seen a lot of the King. Both fanbases want nothing to do with those players at Left Tackle for their teams.
    Thats my point. Dunlap as depth? sure. Dunlap as our starting LT? not really. Something would seriously have to go wrong with FA and the Draft for me to want that scenario. if we do miss out completely in both than yes, id prefer him to Oher but thats really not saying much about him really.
    -JAB

I don't have any strong views with regard to Dunlap. But there's a reason he's not generating Jake Long-style buzz. I doubt Dunlap would be an upgrade over McKinnie -- at least, the version of McKinnie we saw in the playoffs. I have to wonder, however, which version of McKinnie would show up if he gets a new contract. Dunlap's main advantage would be youth and low cost. But given McKinnie's age and Dunlap's probable low ceiling, neither guy is much more than a stopgap at this stage. Which may be what the Ravens will have to do.

Although it's possible the team could try Oher at LT yet again, I'm really hoping they don't. Oher has had several chances now and it's abundantly clear that while he's serviceable at RT, he's a liability on the blind side.

Conventional wisdom says there's no way a true, top notch, can't-miss LT falls to #32 in this draft. That being the case, the most likely positive scenario is to draft a decent LT prospect in round 2, 3, or 4, while having McKinnie, Dunlap, or someone of that ilk play LT in 2013. And hope that the rookie can take over after a year of seasoning.