Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: King Dunlop views on him?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    What happened to all those Clady predictions?
    Denver said they'd tag Clady.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

I'm not out of it yet Batman! Randy Moss is an UFA, the market will be full of LTs and no one else has drafted Tavon Austin or Mike Minter yet.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm not out of it yet Batman! Randy Moss is an UFA, the market will be full of LTs and no one else has drafted Tavon Austin or Mike Minter yet.
    We've gone back and forth on things for probably 10 years now. I figure we're probably even over that time. Plus it's always fun to debate potential moves.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Blog Entries

We've gone back and forth on things for probably 10 years now. I figure we're probably even over that time. Plus it's always fun to debate potential moves.
    The Saga continues.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    There are no questions that he's better than Oher at LT right?
    I score the Ravens games for linemen and look at PFF as an anchor site. For the great majority of games, PFF and my scoring are very close. For PFF, Oher's pass blocking score was considerably lower than Dunlap's, who accomplished that positive score in fewer snaps.

There are issues with Dunlap as a run blocker (as there are with Oher), but on the left side, we need a guy who can deliver some pressure shutouts, which Dunlap did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I score the Ravens games for linemen and look at PFF as an anchor site. For the great majority of games, PFF and my scoring are very close. For PFF, Oher's pass blocking score was considerably lower than Dunlap's, who accomplished that positive score in fewer snaps.

There are issues with Dunlap as a run blocker (as there are with Oher), but on the left side, we need a guy who can deliver some pressure shutouts, which Dunlap did.
    I would be good with them signing Dunlap (because he would be a decent stop-gap guy and would be cheap), but I would hope that they wouldn't sign him and then be in the same exact boat next off-season with the LT position.

Sign Dunlap.

Draft someone that has a legitimate shot at developing into a LT.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Dunlop is no where near as good as Oher. He's completely stiff. Every chance the Eagles can to bench him they do. I wouldn't go near this guy.
    Agreed. I've watched the Eagles a lot over the past couple of years and I can tell you this guy is terrrible. The only thing that he has is size.

King Dunlap is terrible. He's an end of the bench guy. There is no way he is a better option than either McKinnie or Oher.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well, I'm calling it right now. Jake Long will be a Raven.
    In 2018?

Blog Entries

Don't understand why people think he's worse than Michael Oher at LT, you all have short memories.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see what a change of scenery could do to the guy.

Don't understand why people think he's worse than Michael Oher at LT, you all have short memories.
    Its not that hes worse, its that hes not really much of an improvement, if any. watching him play doesnt really impress in any fashion. Hes a marginally better pass blocker and worse run blocker. The stats that are barely better than Oher, seem to match the tape. Hes pretty much the same player. I dont know about you, but i dont want an "Oher" at LT and RT. Id rather go with somebody with a little more to offer even if that means some growing pains with a rookie or short term with an aged vet. I see Dunlap as strictly a last resort, but ill admit, a decent one as opposed to moving KO and others and losing depth.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Its not that hes worse, its that hes not really much of an improvement, if any. watching him play doesnt really impress in any fashion. Hes a marginally better pass blocker and worse run blocker. The stats that are barely better than Oher, seem to match the tape. Hes pretty much the same player. I dont know about you, but i dont want an "Oher" at LT and RT. Id rather go with somebody with a little more to offer even if that means some growing pains with a rookie or short term with an aged vet. I see Dunlap as strictly a last resort, but ill admit, a decent one as opposed to moving KO and others and losing depth.
    At worst, Dunlap would be good depth. Which is something that we kind of lack right now at both RT and LT.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

agreed... Oher is MISERABLE at LT... flat out Miserable. If I'm not mistaken, Arizona's 2 OT's graded out worse, and only 1 more Tackle in the entire league, left or right graded worse then Oher this past year at LT. There is NO chance he gets better, and IMO, if he continues his trend he will actually get worse, as his play has steadily declined since his rookie year. I really hope this is his last year in purple. He is NOT deserving of the contract he will receive.

Blog Entries

Go ask an Eagles fan what they think of Dunlop. We've seen a lot of Oher. They've seen a lot of the King. Both fanbases want nothing to do with those players at Left Tackle for their teams.
    He Who Dares.....Wins