Page 57 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5556575859 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Very good time.

I thought he'd run under a 4.5...I always thought he would be faster than people gave him credit for.
    I think he's definitely worth a 4th rounder.

Banks ran a 4.64 on his second run?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Honey Badger was pretty quick with a 4:43
    1.50 10 yard split to boot. Very impressive quickness.

Very good time.

I thought he'd run under a 4.5...I always thought he would be faster than people gave him credit for.
    He has pretty long arms for his size as well. I'm hoping we take a look at him.

Blog Entries

Banks ran a 4.64 on his second run?
    Yea, he's not doing himself any favors.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I saw quote about Mathieu on another board and I think it's appropriate...

"Looks like Jane, plays like Tarzan" lmao.

We'll see...depending on his interviews...and I hope we do bring him in at some point to really talk to him, I'd take a shot with one of our mid-late comp picks if he's there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

We'll see...depending on his interviews...and I hope we do bring him in at some point to really talk to him, I'd take a shot with one of our mid-late comp picks if he's there.
    Looks like Jane? He's barely 5'9" and is 186 lbs... The dude is cut. I honestly don't think he could get much bigger without suffering some speed/quickness which is his bread and butter.

Blog Entries

I heard someone say the opposite about Margus Hunt "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

I think this Mathieu dude will be a good NFL player. I think whoever takes the risk will be rewarded. He just seems like a player.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I heard someone say the opposite about Margus Hunt "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".

I think this Mathieu dude will be a good NFL player. I think whoever takes the risk will be rewarded. He just seems like a player.
    Agreed. IMHO, Hunt could be a Vernon Gholston 2.0. As for Mathieu, I'm sold. I think like Deion said: "This kid is a baller".

Blog Entries

I'd really love to have him. I think he's just one of these guys that's a natural football player. He may not have the best combine stats, but he knows how to make plays on the football field.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Looks like Jane? He's barely 5'9" and is 186 lbs... The dude is cut. I honestly don't think he could get much bigger without suffering some speed/quickness which is his bread and butter.
    He's a small guy who routinely was the best player/made the biggest plays in almost every game he played in.

Mathieu's bench press.....drum roll please..........4 reps @ 225 lbs....:grbac:

He obviously has not been spending enough time in the weight room