Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I like Reddick. He would be a good pick up.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The pressure seems to be getting to him.
    You were right after all, Manti said the pressure/demands from the combine activities really affected him.

Te'o said he was running 4.5's and 4.6's, he believes he'll do better at his Pro Day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    You were right after all, Manti said the pressure/demands from the combine activities really affected him.

Te'o said he was running 4.5's and 4.6's, he believes he'll do better at his Pro Day

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    I was surprised by the LBs overall. Few of the top ones were impressive and most of the guys we're looking at like Minter, Teo, Reddick, etc. were 4.70, 4.80 etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I was surprised by the LBs overall. Few of the top ones were impressive and most of the guys we're looking at like Minter, Teo, Reddick, etc. were 4.70, 4.80 etc.
    I was surprised both Minter and Teo were in the 4.8's. Maybe they will both improve on their Pro days.

Blog Entries

For DB's tomorrow, one guy I like is John Boyett from Oregon. He was the leader of their defense and when he realized he needed surgery after week 1, there was a lot of concern about how badly he'd be missed. In the end they put together some solid games on D for Oregon, but no question he was badly missed.

I'll be really interested to see if he even runs the 40 with his knee problems. He's 5'10" but that's only an inch shorter than Ed Reed, and the Ravens are not one of those teams that writes off safeties for being under 6'2" or whatever. Height is not a prerequisite here.

Boyett can play single-high (and not many really do in college these days, or so I have read) so that experience is a plus.

I think I'll wait to see his 40 and his vertical (need that closing speed and ability to go up for the ball) but certainly he's a guy who could maybe slot in as what Ihedigbo was for us last year -- a decent guy who can fill in at either safety position. But with Pollard firmly entrenched in his role, it's clear we need to lean towards the FS / single high type, because we really have a lot of situations where the matchup dictates single high with Pollard down inside.

Dude had 27 reps on the bench today -- no wonder people don't break his tackles much! A reasonable 40 with a surprising vertical and this guy could shoot up the board. Not sure what to expect though. When I have seen him, he's been more about being well positioned, knowing what he's doing, etc., more so than relying on athleticism. That's great; love to see that. But I do want to see some athleticism at some point because sometimes, even a great player like Reed, for all his knowledge and anticipation, it sometimes still just comes down to having to simply out-jump a dude (like that final bat-down against Houston in the playoffs the year before).

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Just watched some tape on him. Smart player, he has that more of an athletic side to him which I like, but he may need ot bulk up. Really high on him though, he's got the intellegince and instincts you can't teach. His stock is all over the player. More than likely would have to move up to the top half of the 3rd for him

For all those who want Austin, would you settle for R. Swope in the 3rd? Swope is another guy who has been compared to Welker. I think he ran in the 4.35 range. Minter/Teo in 1st, Elam/Swearinger/Reid in 2nd, Swope in 3rd, and DT Jenkins in 4th. It's a thought.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

Swearinger is my favorite safety in this class. Even more than Elam.
    Me too, DJ has a lot of Raven in him, he wants to play here too.

Blog Entries

I don't understand how this guy isn't more rated by most out there. He looks like a 2nd rounder on the field IMO, Mayock has him as the fourth best LB.

I would like to see the Ravens take a mid/late round flyer on David Bass (DE, Missouri Western).

I would also like to see Datone Jones, DJ Swearinger and Zaviar Gooden end up in Ravens' uniforms but I doubt they all will.

Blog Entries

Suggs ran a 4.8 or so IIRC. Its more about what these guys put on film than what they do in shorts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    For all those who want Austin, would you settle for R. Swope in the 3rd? Swope is another guy who has been compared to Welker. I think he ran in the 4.35 range. Minter/Teo in 1st, Elam/Swearinger/Reid in 2nd, Swope in 3rd, and DT Jenkins in 4th. It's a thought.
    No. Swope doesn't have Austin's vision. Austin's vision is pretty high on the charts.

Austin in the first, Minter in the second (move up)
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore