Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

That's some funny isht right there.
    "Who cares?!! Who cares?!!"

Just watched about 10 mins of UGA defensive film and two things...

1. Cornelius Washington is just an athlete playing football. Hands and arms aren't violent at all. Also, he has awful play recognition. Really bad. Always running by the play or having the play run by him. Doesn't recognize pulls, counters, PA fakes, draws, ...nothing.

2. Kwame Geathers can move pretty damn well for 360lbs. Not saying "come to Baltimore" or anything. Just an observation. Oh...and Barrett Jones was constantly holding him in the 1st half of the SECCG. Like he was a big red security blanket...

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Just watched about 10 mins of UGA defensive film and two things...

1. Cornelius Washington is just an athlete playing football. Hands and arms aren't violent at all. Also, he has awful play recognition. Really bad. Always running by the play or having the play run by him. Doesn't recognize pulls, counters, PA fakes, draws, ...nothing.
    I figured...his production just doesnt match his athleticism at all.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who thought Reddick looked good in all the agility drills? Haven't heard much said about him today, but I saw a guy who looked like he checked all the boxes.

Blog Entries

Had to laugh about this one: Florida A&M LB Brandon Hepburn. Was just curious since he was one of the faster LBs. He's 6'2", 240 and ran a 4.68. But here's the best part (from NFL.com): He walked on to the Florida A&M football team while carrying a full academic load in biochemistry. During a summer internship, he successfully found a way to kill certain cancer cells in rats using copper-loaded nano particles. Hepburn dreams of owning a biochemical company so he can lead research that will eradicate deadly diseases.

Whaaat?

Meanwhile, somewhere in Knoxville, Tyler Bray was throwing beer bottles at cars.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Seems pretty promising from what I just watched of him.

I like DJ Swearinger too. Safety is stacked in this draft thats for sure. Not sure out of safety and DT.
    Swearinger is my favorite safety in this class. Even more than Elam.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Swearinger is my favorite safety in this class. Even more than Elam.
    Isn't he more of a SS though? Not a centre field guy?

Cool Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    Had to laugh about this one: Florida A&M LB Brandon Hepburn. Was just curious since he was one of the faster LBs. He's 6'2", 240 and ran a 4.68. But here's the best part (from NFL.com): He walked on to the Florida A&M football team while carrying a full academic load in biochemistry. During a summer internship, he successfully found a way to kill certain cancer cells in rats using copper-loaded nano particles. Hepburn dreams of owning a biochemical company so he can lead research that will eradicate deadly diseases.

Whaaat?

Meanwhile, somewhere in Knoxville, Tyler Bray was throwing beer bottles at cars.....
    I remember when Terry Bradshaw was playing for the Steelers whenever he talked to any reporters he came across as the biggest Bonehead that I have ever seen! However, he was living proof that you could be dumber than a rock and still be a HOF QB!

Brains do not necessarily make a great football player!

Blog Entries

Whaaat?

Holy shit. That's awesome. Oh but of course all football players are practically brain dead!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post

Isn't he more of a SS though? Not a centre field guy?
    Nooooo....Swearinger can lay some lumber, but that dude can cover. He lined up at corner and played press-man in some games.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Am I the only one who thought Reddick looked good in all the agility drills? Haven't heard much said about him today, but I saw a guy who looked like he checked all the boxes.
    He seems to be largely liked but not lauded. It's very strange.

(random alliteration ftw!)

Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Manti Te'o says he met with Ravens at NFL scouting combine http://t.co/fYL2ruxV1T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk