Page 45 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4344454647 ... LastLast

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Don't underestimate instincts. Instincts are why Ray Lewis was able to last as long as he did. The lack thereof, is why Joe Flacco was able to dice up San Fransisco's secondary with the likes of Anquan Boldin (Slow) and Dennis Pitta (Not the fastest compared to the new breed).

You can go ahead and draft one of these 4.6 forty LBs who can't get off of blocks, overpursue plays, who have speed at the combine that doesn't show up at tape at all and can't tackle worth a lick. I'll be drafting Terrell Suggs and will be glad when Ozzie does. Oh wait!

Give me Kevin Minter.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You think Brown is as good as advertised? I only watched a few games of theirs (maybe just 2) and I came away thoroughly unimpressed.
    Another poster and I were just discussing him earlier in the thread. He claimed he thought Brown would be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. I strongly disagree, and feel similarly to you that he is not the superstar he was often made out to be over the last year.

His sideline to sideline range, instincts, and athleticism are good, but he lacks functional strength and struggles to get off blocks. His best fit is definitely 4-3 Will in the NFL as he's not going to be able to handle NFL guards, centers, and even FBs hitting him in the hole like he would at 4-3 or especially 3-4 MLB/ILB. He's much better going east and west than north and south, he's not really a guy who attacks the hole and he very rarely blitzed in college.

Oregon COMPLETELY dominated him in the Fiesta Bowl, their OL just severely overmatched Kansas State's front 7, and even when he was in position to make plays he got juked out of his socks way too often. That's the downside of an "east west" ILB, teams with athletic OLs are going to run right at you and blast you off the ball, and Oregon did exactly that. As bad as Te'o looked in the BCS, Arthur Brown looked in that game.

I'm not going to overreact to some bad tape and 1 particularly bad game though. If nothing else Arthur Brown is going to be a capable coverage LB in the NFL with room to grow into a more complete player. He would be nice to pair with Dannell Ellerbe, but because he's not a complete player I wouldn't take him before the late 2nd or 3rd and not before a bunch of other guys.

Blog Entries

Half of the damn LBs can't even do the drills right. The instructions are straight-forward. What's the use of having a LB with 4.55 speed if he can't even control his speed or follow the most basic coaching instructions?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

LMAO
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    split screen on a replay
    Let me guess. Was it a "shaking his head" in awe or "shaking his head" no way in hell we're drafting him LOL. I'm thinking the latter?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Harbs probably face palmed when Suggs ran his 40. LOL

Blog Entries

Mayock is trying his darndest to keep Teo up there. "That was definitely better than Minter's rep". lol. Really? Harbaugh's earlier face said it all Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Let me guess. Was it a "shaking his head" in awe or "shaking his head" no way in hell we're drafting him LOL. I'm thinking the latter?
    Nevermind, thanks to Raveninwoodlawn, question answered LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Harbs probably face palmed when Suggs ran his 40. LOL
    Harbaugh probably heard some information about Teo and is disappointed that he's not getting what he was told. It may or may not have been the same for Suggs. Besides, Suggs was the better prospect anyway. Everybody knew he would run slow.

Harbaugh's frustration is probably due to Teo dropped over fifteen pounds, between the end of the season and today, and that is the best he can run.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    LMAO

LMAO x 10!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Harbaugh probably heard some information about Teo and is disappointed that he's not getting what he was told. It may or may not have been the same for Suggs. Besides, Suggs was the better prospect anyway. Everybody knew he would run slow.

Harbaugh's frustration is probably due to Teo dropped over fifteen pounds, between the end of the season and today, and that is the best he can run.
    Suggs was also a pass rusher, vs Te'o a cover guy.

Suggs is chasing a QB in a pocket, Te'o needs to cover a TE or RB coming out of the backfield. Needs MUCH more quickness.
    Minter's 40 time concerns me though, it's about same as Te'o.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!