Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4142434445 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Teo had a 1.62 10 yard split.
    That's not too bad.

I figured he wouldn't run a ridiculously fast 40. However, a 1.62 is pretty solid. Basically that means that he can accelerate quickly, but he doesn't have a very high top-end speed.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Does anyone know if Te'o lifted?
    He did not.

He is planning on doing that at ND's pro-day. IMO, he'll probably re-do the 40 and broad jump.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I think Brown will go late first early second. 2nd of the board.
    I would be VERY surprised if Arthur Brown goes in the 1st round and ahead of Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o, or Kevin Minter. I like him as a prospect but his game is nowhere near as complete as those 3 guys, and I personally also prefer Khaseem Greene as an ILB prospect. I know he is well liked by a lot of people in the scouting community, so perhaps he could prove me wrong, but from what I've seen he slots in more with the 2nd group of ILBs in the class.

I wouldn't be unhappy if the Ravens drafted Brown with their 2nd round pick, but taking him in the 1st or early 2nd would be a reach IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Khaseem Green would be great value in round 2. Love that guy.

And I'm still on the Gerald Hodges train. He's a good player.
    Same here.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

That's not too bad.

I figured he wouldn't run a ridiculously fast 40. However, a 1.62 is pretty solid. Basically that means that he can accelerate quickly, but he doesn't have a very high top-end speed.
    Just watching him, it seemed as though he reached top speed by the halfway point.

That's not too bad.

its the more important number imo. Linebackers don't run 40 yards in one go too often. A 20 would be more beneficial

Pretty disappointed that Brown isn't doing anything today.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I would be VERY surprised if Arthur Brown goes in the 1st round and ahead of Alec Ogletree, Manti Te'o, or Kevin Minter. I like him as a prospect but his game is nowhere near as complete as those 3 guys, and I personally also prefer Khaseem Greene as an ILB prospect. I know he is well liked by a lot of people in the scouting community, so perhaps he could prove me wrong, but from what I've seen he slots in more with the 2nd group of ILBs in the class.

I wouldn't be unhappy if the Ravens drafted Brown with their 2nd round pick, but taking him in the 1st or early 2nd would be a reach IMO.
    well see. I think he has everything you want. Reminds me off bowman and Washington so much.

Blog Entries

its the more important number imo. Linebackers don't run 40 yards in one go too often. A 20 would be more beneficial
    good point.
    -JAB

Agreed. This is why its good to see Teo ran a pretty good 10 yard split for his size.

Te'o's time is adequate, particularly his split. Not outstanding, but adequate. It won't help or hurt him.

Another guy not really being mentioned, more of a mid-round prospect, is AJ Klein. Very productive and well-regarded, but questions about his straight-line speed and athleticism (similar to Te'o). Well, he just ran a 4.68, 1.6 split at 6'1 250. Definitely good numbers and could push him up a bit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Te'o's time is adequate, particularly his split. Not outstanding, but adequate. It won't help or hurt him.

Another guy not really being mentioned, more of a mid-round prospect, is AJ Klein. Very productive and well-regarded, but questions about his straight-line speed and athleticism (similar to Te'o). Well, he just ran a 4.68, 1.6 split at 6'1 250. Definitely good numbers and could push him up a bit.
    I would love to have him as a 3rd or 4th round guy.