Page 29 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2728293031 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Wow, Woods is lighten it up!!! Heard some here mention him.
    What round is he most likely to go in.?

Blog Entries

Denard Robinson has the weirdest hand placement. Irvin saw that his hands were too far apart; I'll take his word for it. That's not what I noticed. What I noticed is how he tried to get both hands under the ball and make basket catches of passes that were line drives into his belly. Are you kidding me? Who the hell taught him that? That's horrible. Honestly, that's something that shouldn't happen after, let's say, the first 60 seconds of WR coaching. Holy shit that was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I think Mark Harrison of Rutgers put in a similar performance, which I was not expecting. As a Hokie fan, I love Davis but he is prone to drops and concentration lapses.

Harrison is a true WR. I thought Harrison was a big strong WR watching some Rutgers games this year, but I didn't know he had that kind of straight line speed.
    Harrison's time was 4.46 official

I'm a Rutgers fan and I didn't even expect him to run that fast. He struggles at times with his hands, but other than that is very solid. I think some of his issues are due to horrible QB play, especially his junior and senior year.

One WR who I think has looked impressive is Rodney Smith from FSU. Big dude who looks like he catches the ball well

Blog Entries

Denard Robinson has the weirdest hand placement. Irvin saw that his hands were too far apart; I'll take his word for it. That's not what I noticed. What I noticed is how he tried to get both hands under the ball and make basket catches of passes that were line drives into his belly. Are you kidding me? Who the hell taught him that? That's horrible. Honestly, that's something that shouldn't happen after, let's say, the first 60 seconds of WR coaching. Holy shit that was horrible.
    Maybe the pressure of the situation made him lock up and he caught it that way because he was paranoid of dropping the ball? Either way, not good news for him.

He was a QB. Ironically he probably catches better than he throws. After that showing he's definitely not getting drafted.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Wheaton very disappointing. Looked totally lost out there, couldn't catch a cold. Not what I was expecting.
    I considered Wheaton's catching technique/concentration to be one of the few weaknesses in his game. He rarely caught passes in traffic or under duress in college. That will hurt him, but he still has excellent tools to be a good player with more refinement.

Marquess Wilson looked fine, nothing great or bad, glided through the drill, caught all his passes, made it look easy. He's very deceptive, just doesn't look like he's hustling. But if you're 6'4" and run a 4.41 and catch everything they throw at you, who cares if you're busting your ass to do it or not?
    Wilson has some of the best hands in the draft with outstanding body control and fluidity. I'm not sure that he wasn't "hustling", he's just not going to be challenged by the gauntlet drill at all. He's the kind of receiver that really, really shows well in shorts without people hitting him. I do like him a lot though.

Blog Entries

I like the Austin kid, I hope the Ravens draft him. He can do so many things, play the slot, use his speed as a traditional wideout and even line him up in the backfeild as a RB on situations. Could you imagine the nightmare of covering Torrey and Austin at the same time, the safeties will have to play way back an open up holes for Pitta, Rice and Pierce and really help the run game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I considered Wheaton's catching technique/concentration to be one of the few weaknesses in his game. He rarely caught passes in traffic or under duress in college. That will hurt him, but he still has excellent tools to be a good player with more refinement.

Wilson has some of the best hands in the draft with outstanding body control and fluidity. I'm not sure that he wasn't "hustling", he's just not going to be challenged by the gauntlet drill at all. He's the kind of receiver that really, really shows well in shorts without people hitting him. I do like him a lot though.
    I definitely wasn't trying to suggest he wasn't hustling. More following up from what I've said earlier on these threads about him -- some guys don't need to have that "I'm trying to shit out a 500 pound block of granite" look on their face to get the job done. He was criticized in college for lack of hustle, but I say production is production. He looks freakin great to me. I have no reservations about him at all.

Rodney Smith looking good.

Robert Woods I really like. He's a professional WR, and can be a #1 on the outside IMHO.

FWIW, from everything I've heard and read about Tyrann Mathieu, he did FANTASTIC in the interview portion. Very contrite and mature. I always said that if he could show teams he's changed and will not choose dope over football ever again, that he would have a chance to save his draft stock. He very well may be doing that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    He was a QB. Ironically he probably catches better than he throws. After that showing he's definitely not getting drafted.
    I never thought he was that good of a QB. Looking a lot like Armanti Edwards from App St. The Panthers got all goofy and took him in the 3rd a couple years ago and he's barely seen the field. Robinson has no future in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I said months ago, even after that lame Senior Bowl performance by the QB's that there would be up to 4 taken.

There are too many teams desperate for QB's with literally almost zero quality guys out there.
    And that's one of the few chances that Austin falls. Minter will be there in the second if they want him. You can mark that down.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I think Mark Harrison of Rutgers put in a similar performance, which I was not expecting. As a Hokie fan, I love Davis but he is prone to drops and concentration lapses.

Harrison is a true WR. I thought Harrison was a big strong WR watching some Rutgers games this year, but I didn't know he had that kind of straight line speed.

** just read the NFL.com report on Harrison. They really had him down as inconsistent and drop-prone. Must not have been the games I saw, where he was a strong catcher (applying upper body strength to clasp the ball and rip it out of the air with command) and don't remember any drops, but I maybe watched 4 games of theirs all year.
    What are your thoughts on Fuller?

I like the guy. I think he isn't a finished product yet, but I like what I've seen so far. Not much tape on him though.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.