Page 28 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think our pick is gonna be Elam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd be happy with that.

When I watch him play, I've always said he "plays like a Raven".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know about the others, but I'm not all over Austin because of speed...this isn't Heward-Bey...Austin is an incredible football player with a ridiculous amount of production to back up every bit of crazy workout numbers...he may be the quickest player on the field that I've seen since Barry Sanders.

I'd be drooling over him if he ran a 4.5...he is that good.

this. He gets open all the time and when he gets the ball he just makes plays. Definition of a playmaker, can score from anywhere anytime.

I don't know about the others, but I'm not all over Austin because of speed...this isn't Heward-Bey...Austin is an incredible football player with a ridiculous amount of production to back up every bit of crazy workout numbers...he may be the quickest player on the field that I've seen since Barry Sanders.

I'd be drooling over him if he ran a 4.5...he is that good
    I want to see his 3-cone numbers. He has incredible stop/start/change of direction speed.

I'd be drooling over him if he ran a 4.5...he is that good.

:word

KR/PR, Slot, Out-Wide and Runningback

As an OC all you have to do and get the ball in his hands and it's a big play potential.

Blog Entries

From everything I've read, Arthur Brown would be a really good pick, but I wonder if the packers and other teams don't also think that.

Blog Entries

Wow. There are some really fast times this year...and it isn't like the fast times are being put up by small receivers.

Marcus Davis runs a 4.4 and he's 235 damn pounds.

That's crazy.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Fast track at Indy, huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Fast track at Indy, huh?
    That was my first thought, but generally speaking the track at Indy is NOT fast. At least, it wasn't. Maybe they changed it.

Blog Entries

WR Gauntlet Drills.

Only saw a little bit of it. Swope let every ball but the last one get in on him. He caught 'em all (I think) but I hated the technique.

If you want to teach your kids to catch, show them Conner Vernon. That was a clinic.

Wheaton very disappointing. Looked totally lost out there, couldn't catch a cold. Not what I was expecting.

Marquess Wilson looked fine, nothing great or bad, glided through the drill, caught all his passes, made it look easy. He's very deceptive, just doesn't look like he's hustling. But if you're 6'4" and run a 4.41 and catch everything they throw at you, who cares if you're busting your ass to do it or not?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    WR Gauntlet Drills.

Only saw a little bit of it. Swope let every ball but the last one get in on him. He caught 'em all (I think) but I hated the technique.

If you want to teach your kids to catch, show them Conner Vernon. That was a clinic.

Wheaton very disappointing. Looked totally lost out there, couldn't catch a cold. Not what I was expecting.

Marquess Wilson looked fine, nothing great or bad, glided through the drill, caught all his passes, made it look easy. He's very deceptive, just doesn't look like he's hustling. But if you're 6'4" and run a 4.41 and catch everything they throw at you, who cares if you're busting your ass to do it or not?
    Vernon is very underrated IMO. The guy is an excellent receiver prospect. He won't "wow" anyone physically, but his 4.47 combined with a 6' 200lb frame and incredible hands is going to make him a desirable prospect for a lot of teams needing a slot receiver. He runs nice routes too.

I could see the Colts checking him out. He'd be a good fit there. He'd also be a fantastic replacement in New England for Welker.

Deleted.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Wow. There are some really fast times this year...and it isn't like the fast times are being put up by small receivers.

Marcus Davis runs a 4.4 and he's 235 damn pounds.

That's crazy.
    I think Mark Harrison of Rutgers put in a similar performance, which I was not expecting. As a Hokie fan, I love Davis but he is prone to drops and concentration lapses.

Harrison is a true WR. I thought Harrison was a big strong WR watching some Rutgers games this year, but I didn't know he had that kind of straight line speed.

** just read the NFL.com report on Harrison. They really had him down as inconsistent and drop-prone. Must not have been the games I saw, where he was a strong catcher (applying upper body strength to clasp the ball and rip it out of the air with command) and don't remember any drops, but I maybe watched 4 games of theirs all year.