Page 27 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    DT is really good as well...
    I think after the early second though, where Jesse Williams, Brandon Williams will possibly go there's a drop off. Very good wideouts could be drafted right the way through round three. Dt is better class, better top end picks, but I think there's more better wideouts than there would be dts.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Receiver could possibly be the deepest position
    This is an incredibly fast group...very very good times.

It's funny how almost every year the WR's are killing it in the 40 while the CB's are always lagging behind in the speed category.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

It's all good for us. I doubt that much changes for many teams with regards to their rankings from here on out, stock rising and falling is probably more of a media device than actually what teams honestly feel. But if Austin, Patterson and Hopkins are going up the board, and a good amount of QBs are going in the first, it'll push a good defensive player to 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    It's all good for us. I doubt that much changes for many teams with regards to their rankings from here on out, stock rising and falling is probably more of a media device than actually what teams honestly feel. But if Austin, Patterson and Hopkins are going up the board, and a good amount of QBs are going in the first, it'll push a good defensive player to 32.
    Yup. You got it.

Blog Entries

The Ravens had an informal meeting with Matt Elam last night and will have a formal meeting tonight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens had an informal meeting with Matt Elam last night and will have a formal meeting tonight.
    I think our pick is gonna be Elam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

I'm sure the Patriots will take him if we show any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

arthur brown IMO. His weigh in solidified his ability to play inside in a 34. Best coverage linebacker in the draft, tackles well, fights well and gets off blocks, compares very favourably to bowman.

Blog Entries

He is like Bowman actually, but I think I think Elam is the better all around player. I would love either player however and trust Ozzie on whoever he picks.

Times by some receivers of interest:

4.25 Austin
    4.50 Bailey
    4.37 Fuller
    4.46 Harper
    4.50 Hopkins
    4.53 Kaufman
    4.46 Patton
    4.56 Rogers
    4.28 Stills
    4.38 Swope
    4.34 Wheaton
    4.44 Woods

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    That's been my point all along. All these guys on here are having speed-gasms over this guy and wanting the Ravens to draft him, but it ain't happening. No way, no how.
    I don't know about the others, but I'm not all over Austin because of speed...this isn't Heward-Bey...Austin is an incredible football player with a ridiculous amount of production to back up every bit of crazy workout numbers...he may be the quickest player on the field that I've seen since Barry Sanders.

I'd be drooling over him if he ran a 4.5...he is that good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He is like Bowman actually, but I think I think Elam is the better all around player. I would love either player however and trust Ozzie on whoever he picks.
    I love Elam as well but he's not a great coverage guy, I'm not sure that's what we need.