Page 21 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What have you been watching?
    Definitely not Austin's film

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    @MoveTheSticks: Finished West Virgina/Iowa St game…Tavon Austin took the game over. Special player. Geno working through progressions but feet were sloppy

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

- To expand on a post from yesterday, we’ve been hearing since October that Sam Montgomery/DE/LSU was not receiving rave reviews from his college coaches. More to the point I was told the LSU coaches have been slamming him. Montgomery’s attitude and personality did not sat well with a number of his former teammates or coaches.

http://t.co/ilGthWd5WV

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @MoveTheSticks: Finished West Virgina/Iowa St game…Tavon Austin took the game over. Special player. Geno working through progressions but feet were sloppy

Tavon Austin benched 14 reps at the combine today. Pretty damn impressive for a 174 pounder.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Kevin Reddick, ILB, out of North Carolina...
    #4 ILB on Mayock's list, behind Ogletree, Te'o, Minter (in that order, IIRC) and ahead of Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by redramsam View Post
    Tavon Austin benched 14 reps at the combine today. Pretty damn impressive for a 174 pounder.
    Wes Welker is 5'9 185. DeSean Jackson is 5'10 175. Steve Smith is 5'9 185. I'd probably like to see Austin put on another 10 pounds of muscle if he can, but I'm really not all that concerned about his frame and body type in the NFL. It's not like he's thin and spindly, he has decent muscle tone and bulk, with the frame to add a bit more weight.

Bench press numbers don't really say a whole lot about functional strength, but Austin definitely has an NFL caliber physique. Putting up 225 14 times at 174 shows nice muscle development and even more importantly, commitment to working hard in the weight room.

I'm also impressed by Markus Wheaton (20 reps) and Josh Boyce (22), both of whom are smaller guys. Boyce is another sleeper that I like a lot--5'11 206 who plays very physical and strong for his size.

iggyman555 Guest

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tt-furstenburg

Matt ran the 2nd fastest 40 in the combine for TEs, 6th highest broad jump

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post

I'm also impressed by Markus Wheaton (20 reps) and Josh Boyce (22), both of whom are smaller guys. Boyce is another sleeper that I like a lot--5'11 206 who plays very physical and strong for his size.
    I've been looking for film on Boyce for weeks...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The Ravens met with Wheaton at the Senior bowl, the dude can run. Greg Cosell thinks he's similar to Mike Wallace.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't Mind Sam Montgomery in the 2nd round, not worth a first round pick IMO though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Definitely not Austin's film

Sure I have. Everybody has highlight. I've seen many players dominate in college and it not carry over to the NFL. I think Austin's will but at 174lbs I would draft him in the 1st because I'd be too worried about him holding up over a long time and not getting the value out of a 1 round pick.

But watch this and tell me the run after the catch doesn't remind you of Austin at least.

WOW!!! Tavon Austin unofficial 4.25