Page 15 of 66 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Manti Te'o on live now. Says it would be an honor to be drafted by the Ravens and that Ray Lewis was a guy he admired growing up as a kid.

Manti was asked about playing in baltimore, and he said he would love it and be honored! Well see what happens! For fans that want him (like me), I think his performance in the NCG, hurt him, and will let him drop in the draft to the mid 20's... Well see :)

Two other guys I would like in the middle rounds at linebacker would be Sio Moore (6-1 245) and Gerald Hodges (6-1 243). They are both athletic and will do well at the combine. Moore I especially like after watching him at the shrine and senior bowl. He showed great ability and was a vocal leader out on the field.

Manti lost 7 pounds from his listed weight this year probably after hearing everyone talk about his lack of athleticism. If he combos that with a good workout we can say goodbye to getting him with our first pick.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    Two other guys I would like in the middle rounds at linebacker would be Sio Moore (6-1 245) and Gerald Hodges (6-1 243). They are both athletic and will do well at the combine. Moore I especially like after watching him at the shrine and senior bowl. He showed great ability and was a vocal leader out on the field.
    I'm a fan of both of those guys as well. Both of them measured in very nicely.

Other guys who pleasantly surprised in their weigh-in's... Arthur Brown (bulked up a lot to get to 241lbs, although 6' flat is quite short), Khaseem Greene (another guy who really did well to bulk up at 6'1 241lbs), Alec Ogletree (prototype build for any LB spot at 6'2 242).

Like all of those guys to potentially lock down an ILB spot for us for a long time particularly in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    I like Sio Moore a lot, but i think he's creeping up the boards to the point where he might go in the first 90 picks.

What's everyone thinking about Terron Armstead? One of those athletes that gets boosted up in the combine, but his measurements are impressive

Blog Entries

Who actually cares about height for MLBs? Especially when the one of the best MLBs to ever play the game came in at 6'0 tall.

Blog Entries

The Ravens met with Brandon Jenkins, DE, out of FSU.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I like Sio Moore a lot, but i think he's creeping up the boards to the point where he might go in the first 90 picks.
    I see that happening as well but the third round would be a good fit for So Moore. He had great production this past year as well great all star games.

I think the way the Ravens should look at inside linebacker in the draft is by getting someone in the first or third round. In the first they can grab Manti, Minter or Brown. In the third they can grab Sio Moore Alonso or maybe Reddick.

Arthur Brown's measurements are key for him. He no longer can be called undersized. I think he gained 10 pounds since the end of the year. He is the same weight as Manti and only an inch shorter. Compared to Minter he is the same height and only five pounds lighter. Arthur Brown is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who actually cares about height for MLBs? Especially when the one of the best MLBs to ever play the game came in at 6'0 tall.
    It's no big deal, just a little bit short. It won't stop him from being good in the NFL especially with his adequate arm length (32 1/2").

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The Ravens met with Brandon Jenkins, DE, out of FSU.
    I'm a huge fan of Jenkins, if his medical checks out he's definitely a good target in the mid rounds. All 3 of the FSU DEs have 1st round talent, Jenkins might be the best value among the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT. Wide receiver, yes (see Atlanta trading up to get Julio Jones), but not a left tackle.
    You clearly have not been paying attention to draft history. Forget the wage scale, moving up in the draft cost more picks than it did 10 years ago.