Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT. Wide receiver, yes (see Atlanta trading up to get Julio Jones), but not a left tackle.
    Seriously? To move up to get Eric Fisher it would cost the Ravens their entire 2013 draft. That would just be insanely dumb.

Am I the only one who couldn't care less about an OL 40 time? I think other drills are more beneficial.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Seriously? I'm glad you aren't the GM. To move up to get Eric Fisher it would cost the Ravens their entire 2013 draft. That would just be insanely dumb.
    Not to mention that no player is a lock to be great.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Seriously? I'm glad you aren't the GM. To move up to get Eric Fisher it would cost the Ravens their entire 2013 draft. That would just be insanely dumb.
    I never said get Eric Fisher because he is going to be a top five selection. I said I would "consider" -- key word consider -- moving up to get Lane Johnson if he slips to the teens. It was just a convo topic starter. Relax there, buddy.

Blog Entries

Do you see 11 draftees making the 2013 roster, before we even get into FAs and UDFAs?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT. Wide receiver, yes (see Atlanta trading up to get Julio Jones), but not a left tackle.
    Do you actually think that was a bad trade for Atlanta?

I don't think Atlanta could be happier.

And I'm sure Cleveland would never make that trade again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    Am I the only one who couldn't care less about an OL 40 time? I think other drills are more beneficial.
    The 10 yard splits are important. Lower body explosion and acceleration. 40 yard is pointless.

I never said get Eric Fisher because he is going to be a top five selection. I said I would "consider" -- key word consider -- moving up to get Lane Johnson if he slips to the teens. It was just a convo topic starter. Relax there, buddy.
    I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT.
    Funny, I don't see that key word "consider" anywhere in that post of yours. Even Lane Johnson in the teens would cost the Ravens most of their picks in rounds 2 through 5. So they would end up with one potentially good OT and a bunch of role players/special teasers. That's not a good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    I thought the foot work drill was much more interesting (where they had to mirror the player while moving left). Good drill to see if a guy could play LT.

I was talking about my first post when I asked if anyone would move up to get one of these LTs if they start to fall, like Lane Johnson. And you have no idea what the trade would be in moving up to get a guy like that if he falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Do you actually think that was a bad trade for Atlanta?

I don't think Atlanta could be happier.

And I'm sure Cleveland would never make that trade again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Cleveland is just inept. Any other franchise would've built a playoff contender with those draft picks. Atlanta has Dline issues and Oline concerns. I think those picks could've been used elsewhere.

12. Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Julio Jones is a monster. I'd say Atlanta almost got their value back on that one. That kid is a freak.