Page 10 of 66 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

My boy Menelik Watson for the home country.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Menelik Watson just ran a 5.25.

The English were never very fast. (that one's for you, leachisabeast).
    idk we're pretty fast in the velodrome!

There will be a decent, serviceable OT or two in the 2nd - 4th rounds. No need to try to trade into the teens - that's just too costly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    There will be a decent, serviceable OT or two in the 2nd - 4th rounds. No need to try to trade into the teens - that's just too costly.
    How so?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

1.61 split the second time around for Lane Johnson, unofficial.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

You need a stud at LT, not someone who is "serviceable."

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How so?
    Guys like Kyle Long, Chris Faulk, Terron Armstead, David Bakhtiari are not going in the first round, and all of them are probably going to turn out to be serviceable OTs. They might not be a Luke Joeckel, Eric Fisher, or Lane Johnson, but they aren't going to cost you a bunch of draft picks either. Moving from 32 to 18 would most likely cost your 2nd rounder, or your 3rd, 4th and 5th rounder. I don't think those are good options for the Ravens, given the fact they are going to have to use a lot of yoounger players (low contracts) to get under the cap and sign the guys they want to keep.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    How so?
    The teens is pretty costly... potentially costs our next year's first, or means that our 2nd pick in this draft will come at the earliest aroud 100... with the speculation that grubbs wil NOT earn a 3rd comp, that makes it tough.

The early 20's is a different story altogether. If Johnson were to somehow fall for some stupid reason, we absolutely have to make the move.

18 is 900 points on the Jimmy Johnson Chart. 32 is 590.

64 is only 270, so theoretically it would be 1,2 and 4 is overpayign by a measly 4 points. 1,3,4,5 is 125 points under.

22 is 780, or about the value of 1,3,4,5 which, to me, in this draft is a stomachable trade with all of our comp picks.

And Damn on Schweinke. I know we talked to him at the senior bowl and was hoping he might last until the end of the 4th, but now he's lookign mroe 3rd rounder, possibly too expensive for our tastes. Could he beat out Gino as a rookie? Maybe. Would he likely beat him out durng gino's rookie deal, yes, IMO. If the FO agrees with me he jsut might be our 3rd round pick if still available.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    You need a stud at LT, not someone who is "serviceable."
    Who is to say those guys I just mentioned won't be studs? There are no guarantees, and none of those first round guys is likely the next JO. You just need a guy who can move his feet and protect Flacco.

I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT. Wide receiver, yes (see Atlanta trading up to get Julio Jones), but not a left tackle.

my favorite LT targets in thsi draft are Quessenberry(who we have already visited with) and Faulk.

Menelik Watson and Bahktiari are startign to intrigue me more.

Obviously I preger Joekel, fisher and Lane Johnson, but I have basically pushed them out of my focus as I don't seem them being within a reasonable trade up anymore. Initially I thought even Fisher might be, but the Lewan and Matthews went back to school... boo for us.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I don't think it's ever too costly to move up to get a stud LT. Wide receiver, yes (see Atlanta trading up to get Julio Jones), but not a left tackle.
    So you have no problem picking only 1 of the top 100 players in the draft? Or is it that you don't thinkw e need our first round pick next year?