Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2829303132 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know about the others, but I'm not all over Austin because of speed...this isn't Heward-Bey...Austin is an incredible football player with a ridiculous amount of production to back up every bit of crazy workout numbers...he may be the quickest player on the field that I've seen since Barry Sanders.
    You know, I was afraid to bring up the name of a legend. However, I am glad to know that, in my mind, watching the tape, I wasn't the only person who thought this.

With Tavon Austin, the Ravens offense could evolve. We could see a deadly four wide set. Smith and Jones (If he is retained) on the outside, with Boldin and Austin in the slot. Oh, by the way, Rice hanging in the backfield. Or, singleback three wide, with Austin the backfield, motioning out.

My goodness.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    Wow, Woods is lighten it up!!! Heard some here mention him.
    What round is he most likely to go in.?
    He looks fully recovered from his injuries at USC.

Weighing in at 201lbs and 6' is going to really help him a lot too. He may have bumped himself back up into round 1.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    I never thought he was that good of a QB. Looking a lot like Armanti Edwards from App St. The Panthers got all goofy and took him in the 3rd a couple years ago and he's barely seen the field. Robinson has no future in the NFL.
    I don't think so either.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You know, I was afraid to bring up the name of a legend. However, I am glad to know that, in my mind, watching the tape, I wasn't the only person who thought this.

With Tavon Austin, the Ravens offense could evolve. We could see a deadly four wide set. Smith and Jones (If he is retained) on the outside, with Boldin and Austin in the slot. Oh, by the way, Rice hanging in the backfield. Or, singleback three wide, with Austin the backfield, motioning out.

My goodness.
    Tavon Austin is the kind of player who has a cascading effect on your offense at every level either by touching the ball or being a threat to touch the ball. One key way that you do that is motion.

WVU had a ton of success motioning Austin into the backfield to take a handoff out of spread formations. Every time defenses saw him sliding back, they hesitated and the safeties took a false step forward. That opened Stedman Bailey up deep downfield and across the deep middle so often. Replace Stedman with Torrey Smith and you have what the Ravens could do with that kind of misdirection.

Austin would also make the running game more effective. Lining up in the I-formation with Austin out wide as the closed-side receiver, set up a fake reverse left to handoff right and watch the defense flow to the wrong side.

Blog Entries

I present this article as exhibit A in my case that you cannot look at prospects with similar build and speed, and think you are getting a similar NFL player: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...re-mayock-says
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

The Ravens have had an informal meeting with DJ Swearinger, FS, North Carolina, and will have a formal meeting later. Says he would fit right in with the Ravens.

Tyrann Mathieu said that Ed Reed has reached out to his family and offered support, no surprises there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I present this article as exhibit A in my case that you cannot look at prospects with similar build and speed, and think you are getting a similar NFL player: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...re-mayock-says
    As a die hard WVU and Ravens fan, I'd love to see Tavon in a Ravens' uniform as this guy is absolutely electric wherever he is on the field. The Percy Harvin/Wes Welker comparisons are right on the money and in my opinion, Tavon is the better all-around athlete/receiver. I don't see him falling out of early 2nd round though so unless the Ravens trade up somewhere, I doubt they'll land him. I don't see them taking a 5'8 WR with their 1st. We have bigger needs to fill up first.

Also, personally, I'd be somewhat worried about Tavon coming home to Baltimore and getting into trouble. Yes, WVU has its share of distractions and Tavon has had no trouble while there, but you know the leeches will come running once he's home with that fat salary.

Blog Entries

For the record, no player in their right mind would say they don't want to play for the Ravens or that they wouldn't fit. I wouldn't put as much stock in a player expressing their desire to play here.

Blog Entries

What do you think they'd say that about the browns?

"Yeah I had a meeting with the Browns, I would love to play for them".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    What do you think they'd say that about the browns?

"Yeah I had a meeting with the Browns, I would love to play for them".
    Then, you REEAAALLY know their PR'in it.

Blog Entries
    @RavensInsider: Tavon austin had a meeting with the ravens last night per a league source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    @RavensInsider: Tavon austin had a meeting with the ravens last night per a league source
    Damn straight.