Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 4748495051 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

He was hyped up because of the adversity he falsely came through. He had a pretty good year until the Alabama game, and that was while everyone was thinking that he had to put up with the loss of his GF at the time. The media fell in love with this, and looked at his on field emotion and hard hitting style and tried to make him out to be the next Ray Lewis.

Looks like a 3rd rounder to me.

My guy of the linebackers this year is Sio Moore. I love this guy and the combine only added to it. He ran in the 4.6 range, had a huge broad jump and 38 inch vert. He showed commitment this offseason by bulking up to 245 and benching 29 reps. He also looks very fluid. I feel like he is vastly underrated. He was not just a player who performed well in the Shrine and Senior Bowl and Combine. He put up gaudy numbers with 15 tfls and 7 sacks this past season and is the athletic linebacker we need. 2nd round pick I think right now and he will be a steal.

Blog Entries

Tyrann Mathieu benched 225 lbs only 4 times. Looking past all his off field issues, and purely as a football player, I have serious concerns about his size and strength holding up in the NFL. There is no way he'll be playing safety with that lack of strength.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He was hyped up because of the adversity he falsely came through. He had a pretty good year until the Alabama game, and that was while everyone was thinking that he had to put up with the loss of his GF at the time. The media fell in love with this, and looked at his on field emotion and hard hitting style and tried to make him out to be the next Ray Lewis.

Looks like a 3rd rounder to me.
    Do you guys get a lot of Notre Dame games across the pond?

Blog Entries

I could get 225 up four times with a couple of months to prepare.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

It seems like Minter and Teo is the same guy. Both have good instincts but not fast. We look at Willis and expect every linebacker to be that fast. Regardless, Bowman is better in coverage than the faster Willis. Also, no LB is covering these hybrid TEs in the NFL. You seem to need a fast safety for those guys. Ogletree has the most tools because he's a former safety playing LB.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

Blog Entries

225 lbs is nothing, idk why so many of these athletes struggle at it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    It seems like Minter and Teo is the same guy. Both have good instincts but not fast. We look at Willis and expect every linebacker to be that fast. Regardless, Bowman is better in coverage than the faster Willis. Also, no LB is covering these hybrid TEs in the NFL. You seem to need a fast safety for those guys. Ogletree has the most tools because he's a former safety playing LB.
    I think Minter and Te'o are different, just because they run similar 40 times, doesn't mean they're the same guy. Minter is better in coverage.

Blog Entries

225 lbs is nothing, idk why so many of these athletes struggle at it.
    Because it's about 50 lbs more than he ways...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I could get 225 up four times with a couple of months to prepare.
    Honestly I doubt it. 225 lbs is a lot. Maybe not for a football player or anyone that has lifted for a long time.

At my strongest, I benched 225 x 5 @ 175 lbs BW. My max was 250 clean. IE, bar touching the chest no bounce slight pause then press. Which was a lot for my bodyweight. http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html

Tyrann Mathieu benched 225 lbs only 4 times. Looking past all his off field issues, and purely as a football player, I have serious concerns about his size and strength holding up in the NFL. There is no way he'll be playing safety with that lack of strength.
    Deion said it best , he won't be benching WRs in the NFL. Matthieu just makes plays.
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game

I think Minter and Te'o are different, just because they run similar 40 times, doesn't mean they're the same guy. Minter is better in coverage.
    Maybe, but Teo had a lot of Ints. It can't be totally coincidental