Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    That was his track coaching coming out (he was a track guy at KS before transferring to VT to take up football). In actual games he showed more versatility than that; I think that's just how he looks in open field, full stride. I think he runs differently in shorter areas. Definitely have to go back and look for that now though. Will also be interesting to see how he looks in the short-area agility drills.

Another Baltimore native to boot! :happyanim
    I think Fuller is going to be really good when he learns how to play the game. He only has one real season under his belt. For a guy with that little experience, he has nice hands and runs some pretty good routes. He doesn't come across as just a 9 route guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Greg Cossell making the point that Austin really needs to go to a team that is more creative in its playcalling to best utilise his talents. Even though we've made the switch to Caldwell at OC do we know if he is going to veer more away from the running game to run an O that would be able to maximise Austin's talents? Or would we be better taking more of a pure wideout?
    Caldwell can adapt to the players. We saw it in the bengals game with tyrod running the option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

BTW how about this Marquise Goodwin guy? Haven't heard anything about him on here, and the Longhorns are kind of a blank spot for me the last couple years - haven't seen them much on TV probably since Colt McCoy left (they were on all the time back then, not so much now).

Wasn't real productive in college (in fact, he really didn't do much of anything) but that offense in Texas has been pretty screwed up the past few seasons. Hard to tell if its the system or what.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Caldwell can adapt to the players. We saw it in the bengals game with tyrod running the option.

All right, so now all that needs to happen is 31 teams pass on him and we re-structure the offense.

He won't be there when we pick so it's a moot point.

But clearly we don't, as of this past season, have an actual position for him to play.
    Brian Billick was talking about this sort of thing (albeit with certain OLs) yesterday. He said that teams sometimes pass on superior talent to grab guys that fit their systems, but that coaches and systems change over time, so teams miss out on the better long-term players as a result. It was an interesting take on the draft.

Blog Entries
    All right, so now all that needs to happen is 31 teams pass on him and we re-structure the offense.
    And? Cam is gone. It's moot anyways because he will be gone by 32.

Blog Entries

as I said, it's a moot point...

Raiders will draft him...or Goodwin, but I'd say probably Austin.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Also the Ravens were running more 3 WR sets in the playoffs. I think it's an interesting question, the answer depending on what they do with the WR group. I'm still not so sure Austin goes too far out of reach for the Ravens, but I do think it would be a luxury pick for a team that would be prioritising other areas.

Blog Entries

BTW how about this Marquise Goodwin guy? Haven't heard anything about him on here, and the Longhorns are kind of a blank spot for me the last couple years - haven't seen them much on TV probably since Colt McCoy left (they were on all the time back then, not so much now).

Wasn't real productive in college (in fact, he really didn't do much of anything) but that offense in Texas has been pretty screwed up the past few seasons. Hard to tell if its the system or what.
    Texas hasn't had consistent QB play for the past 2 years. I've seen Goodwin have flashes of brilliance.

I think he has the talent to be a a good WR but not the resume. In my talent evaluating non expertise, I think he goes 3rd at the earliest, probably a 4th rounder.

BTW how about this Marquise Goodwin guy?
    2012 Olympic long jumper.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Raiders will draft him
    You realise Al Davis carked it, right?

Blog Entries

And? Cam is gone. It's moot anyways because he will be gone by 32.

That's been my point all along. All these guys on here are having speed-gasms over this guy and wanting the Ravens to draft him, but it ain't happening. No way, no how.