Page 1 of 27 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

We already have an off-season thread. I understand that. It is easy to keep up with everything in that thread, right now, because nothing is really going on. However, once the combine begins and mixes in with released players/agent contacts, it could prove difficult to keep up with everything in one thread.

So, I thought that we could use this one thread for the combine. Once the combine is over with, this thread can leave and we can go back to funneling everything through the other thread.

If the moderators disagree, I understand and will not argue.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: 2013 NFL Scouting Combine Thread

http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/02/...austin-speaks/

To start it off, Tavon Austin is not lacking in confidence.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I want Barrett Jones in the first.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    I want Barrett Jones in the first.
    What position are you projecting him to at the NFL level?

Blog Entries

Just to give everyone a list of players who the Ravens have so far met or plan to meet for formal interviews.

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
    Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
    Oday Aboushi, OT, Virgnia
    Ricky Wagner, OT, Wisconsin
    Corey Fuller, WR, Virginia tech

Blog Entries

I'll be watching some this weekend.

Re: the offseason thread; it's way too long and takes forever to see if a specific player is being discussed. For players that are Ravens related there's no reason why a new thread shouldn't be started on them. I wouldn't mind also seeing one on 'ranking this years QB class'.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just to give everyone a list of players who the Ravens have so far met or plan to meet for formal interviews.

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
    4 out of 5 are OTs. I like it. Build the O line and let Flacco go wild.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

DJ Fluker, OT, Alabama
    As a Hokie fan I'm embarrassed to say I thought Fuller had another year left. And I'm sorry he doesn't. He only played one year, after transferring from Kansas where he was a track guy.

Plays one year of football, and all I can say is, after watching every VT game this year, he pops off the TV screen at you. He was pretty much the whole damn offense (that and Logan Thomas trucking linebackers).

You'd think for a track guy in his first year of college football he'd be all 9 routes, but the guy was TOUGH. He caught everything from slants to sluggos to seam-busters in the middle. Saw him get rocked a few times and hang on to the ball like nothing. 6'2" and... did I mention a Big12 track scholarship guy? Supposedly runs in the 4.3's. I wouldn't doubt it. Even if he times slow, what I see with him is a guy who's fast but can also move the chains for you. I would venture to say he's damn near a JJ12 clone, but in all honesty, probably with better hands.

I don't recall him returning kicks, but I do recall him being pretty much the main option in the passing game and like I said... you watch any Hokie games from 2012, and this dude jumps off the screen. Talk about passing the eyeball test. Good on the Ravens for talking to him.

Like I said, I didn't know he was even in the draft till I read leach's post. Assumed he was just a Junior. Damn. As developmental guys go, he's probably further along now than Streeter or Thompson were last year. I definitely see a guy who's a little raw like Torrey was, but who just might have a killer learning curve to him -- which if you watch him you won't believe it was his first year of college football, so the evidence suggests he very well might. He might have that ability to learn fast and evolve correctly that you need to advance at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What position are you projecting him to at the NFL level?
    He played everywhere along the o-line at the preeminent program in college. Put him anywhere as far as I am concerned. With a versatile guy like that, you can let training camp and the preseason games sort out his week one position.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    He played everywhere along the o-line at the preeminent program in college. Put him anywhere as far as I am concerned. With a versatile guy like that, you can let training camp and the preseason games sort out his week one position.
    There is no way that I draft Barret Jones in the first round. The only way and I still would not do it is if the Ravens knew with certainty Gino could not handle center. You can't take a guy in round 1 because he is versatile. Not when you have a hole at LT, DT, LB and FS. His best positions would be guard or center and that is not a need. I might take him him with the 2nd round pick. He also plays on a great line and with a guard some regard as best to come out in years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

seriously? I bet there are four or five drafted. Look at guys like Jake Locker, Weeden, Henne, Ponder... teams will reach
    Henne was a 2nd rounder, but your point is valid.

My guess is there will be at least three QB's taken in round 1.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I think Nassib, Glennon, Smith, and Manuel may all go in round 1, we shall see...